Gym is a waste
CAN someone please tell me why Hemingford needed its own gym so desperately? What is wrong with the Dolphin s, St Ivo and the one in Market Hill by the sorting office? They are within walking or cycling distance, but it appears they are not up to Hemingfo
CAN someone please tell me why Hemingford needed its own gym so desperately? What is wrong with the Dolphin's, St Ivo and the one in Market Hill by the sorting office? They are within walking or cycling distance, but it appears they are not up to Hemingford standards?
What a waste of money. How many other villages have their own gym? Do Somersham, Pidley, Warboys, Fenstanton or Earith? Be it lottery-funded or private donations, it yet again says "what the minority want, they get".
I find it amazing that a huge amount of money can be wasted on this and squash courts, but the children's play equipment is to be repaired or tarted up, as no further funds were available. With a committee member of the social club wanting children out after six in the evening, it is apparent that people's offspring are their least priority, and play equipment came in a very distant second in comparison.
Good luck to the volunteers trying to do things for Daintree Green. I hope they get the help they deserve for children's areas to be improved but I won't hold my breath. Now, maybe if you asked for an Olympic-sized swimming pool?
You may also want to watch:
STEVEN HUNT, Old Pound Close, Hemingford Grey
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Advice on flood risk for Cambridgeshire businesses