Gym in small village is unnecessary
I NEED to clear up a few matters for the benefit of April van Es and Steven Penney, (Letters, November 8). Firstly to April van Es, I m pleased that her daughter is playing squash but where did she play before coming to Hemingford? I bet she is the only o
I NEED to clear up a few matters for the benefit of April van Es and Steven Penney, (Letters, November 8).
Firstly to April van Es, I'm pleased that her daughter is playing squash but where did she play before coming to Hemingford? I bet she is the only one from Sawtry to use it. What's wrong with Peterborough, Huntingdon (which she drives past to get here) or St Ives?
I did not criticise the staff who work there. I asked was it necessary to have a gym in a small village when there are three close by.
It's about percentages, surely. Say a third are elderly, a third are children, and a third are middle aged. What proportion of residents use the gym was the question, and was it needed, when it's a small village?
Secondly to Mr Penny, I expected someone like him to write back. A typical reaction from some rich toff who resides just off Millionaires' Row. Calling me small-minded just proves how arrogant he is. Why get personal? I notice he didn't answer my question in my original letter.
As for insularity (I looked in the dictionary for that) whom have I insulted? The staff there are top drawer, I'm sure, or is he just miffed that someone has a different view? I suppose all the other "small-minded villagers" are wrong as well.
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 5 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 6 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 7 Community invited to Paxfest and to get tails wagging at the Fun Dog Show
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 10 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
S HUNT, Old Pound Close, Hemingford Grey