Gunman still being questioned over police van theft
A GUNMAN arrested following a manhunt in Cambridgeshire is still being quizzed by police. Detectives are questioning the man in connection with the theft of a police van at gunpoint in Orton Malborne and a carjacking between Conington and Holme.The the
A GUNMAN arrested following a manhunt in Cambridgeshire is still being quizzed by police.
Detectives are questioning the man in connection with the theft of a police van at gunpoint in Orton Malborne and a carjacking between Conington and Holme.
The thefts took place at about 3pm on Tuesday (June 9) and the police van was later found abandoned between Norman Cross and the B1043.
A wide-scale police search was launched and the gunman was apprehended at a property in Haverhill at 5.40am on Wednesday (June 10).
You may also want to watch:
A 36-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of firearms offences and a 30-year-old was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. Both were taken to Parkside police station in Cambridge.
On Thursday (June 11) a spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said a 36-year-old man remains in custody but a 30-year-old man had been released on bail until June 25.
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 Bandstand in Huntingdon lit up for Prince Philip as district pays tribute to 'dedicated' royal consort
- 7 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
- 8 Vegetable collections and hand sanitiser production was village's response to pandemic
- 9 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 10 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'