Group’s logo to be re-VAMP-ed
A MUSICAL theatre society in St Neots is looking for a new logo and is hoping Hunts Post readers will be able to put their design skills to the test. The Variety and Musical Performance Society (known as VAMPS) is the sister group of the St Neots Players
A MUSICAL theatre society in St Neots is looking for a new logo and is hoping Hunts Post readers will be able to put their design skills to the test.
The Variety and Musical Performance Society (known as VAMPS) is the sister group of the St Neots Players and stages musical shows twice a year.
Brenden Sheppard, VAMPS spokesman, said: "The VAMPS logo hasn't changed since the company began quite a few years ago and - to be honest - it's a bit dull.
"We want to promote VAMPS and make everyone feel like they can contribute and get involved. The competition is open to the whole of Cambridgeshire so it's pretty exciting."
You may also want to watch:
The designer of the winning logo will walk away with a DVD player, three musical DVDs and two tickets to VAMPS' next production, Stepping Out which takes place in November.
The design needs to have a musical theatre theme, be colourful and include the acronym VAMPS. The closing date is Sunday, August 26.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Godmanchester author reveals amazing accounts of Second World War in new book
VAMPS meets on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. The last production was Hello, Dolly in April but the group returns to the stage with tap dancing musical Stepping Out at the St Neots Priory Centre.
INFORMATION: E-mail entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send to VAMPS Logo Competition, 30 Viscount Court, Eaton Socon, St Neots, PE19 8DH.