Group formed to raise more funds for church centre
A FUND-raising group is being formed in Cambourne to raise the last remaining money needed for a £1.7 million church centre in the town. The project was dealt a financial blow after a funding application submitted by Churches Together in Cambourne to the
A FUND-raising group is being formed in Cambourne to raise the last remaining money needed for a £1.7 million church centre in the town.
The project was dealt a financial blow after a funding application submitted by Churches Together in Cambourne to the East of England Development Agency for £700,000 was rejected.
It is now hoped that residents in Cambourne will join up to a fund raising action group to try and help find as much money as possible for the church centre, which is to be located in the High Street.
The action group will be headed by project co-ordinator Len Thornton and minister of Churches Together Rev Peter Wood.
You may also want to watch:
Len Thornton said: "We have received a wealth of support from people in the local community wishing us well with this project. But we are short of the money needed for the project. We hope that by forming a fund- raising group local people will be able to get involved and help raise the money we need.
"This church is going to be a fantastic asset for the community as it will be a social centre that will be open to all Christian dominations."
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity
Planning permission has already been approved for work to start on the project in the new year.
INFORMATION: To make a donation or join the fund raising group email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01954 710370.