Greenhouse gases to blame
WHAT Rev Foster also fails to mention is the fact that the Hadley Centre (part of the Met Office) from which he obtained the graph that was printed is in do doubt that Climate change is happening and humans are contributing to it (from its web site). It
WHAT Rev Foster also fails to mention is the fact that the Hadley Centre (part of the Met
Office) from which he obtained the graph that was printed is in do doubt that "Climate change is happening and humans are contributing to it" (from its web site). It also states that: "There is indisputable evidence that this observed global warming is predominantly caused by increases in greenhouse gas concentrations. Concentrations of CO2, created largely by the burning of fossil fuels, are now much higher, and increasing at a much faster rate, than at any time in the last 600,000 years.
"Because CO2 is a greenhouse gas, the increased concentrations have contributed to the recent warming and probably most of the warming over the last 50 years."
The graph that was printed is also misleading because it is not showing absolute temperature, which is rising, but instead variation in temperature relative to some point which Rev Foster does not specify.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor