Green technology needs time to develop
ISN’T it a pity that Mr Foster spends so much of his time trawling the internet to gather negative things to write wind generators.
Everything we now take for granted started out with drawbacks that were overcome by research and development. Early cars were so unreliable that they needed a riding mechanic. The first computers filled a whole room and wouldn’t fit into the average household.
Our first monochrome TV was more wavy lines than pictures. I remember going to Olympia in London to see the first colour TV which was more turquoise than colour. Several sets later red flare was ironed out and Patrick Moore lost his strange orange skin tone. We now live in 3D cyber space.
Investment in renewable energy will develop a useful asset into a sophisticated hybrid system.
When you switch on your computer, Mr Foster, be amazed. Also be aware that negativity stands in the way of progress.
- 1 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 2 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 3 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 4 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 10 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off