Green light for Guided Bus fleet
NOT only is public transport far greener than car use, but the Stagecoach guided bus fleet will be greener than nearly every other bus service in Britain. Stagecoach s fleet of 10 single-deck and 10 double-deck vehicles, with engines to the cleanest Envir
NOT only is public transport far greener than car use, but the Stagecoach guided bus fleet will be greener than nearly every other bus service in Britain.
Stagecoach's fleet of 10 single-deck and 10 double-deck vehicles, with engines to the cleanest Enviro5 and Enviro4 emissions standards, will run on 100 per cent bio-fuels - and not just any bio-fuels, the company said.
Stagecoach maintains that its bio-diesel sources have impeccable environmental credentials.
"Our diesel is made from food industry by-products," director Philip Norwell told The Hunts Post. "This is a sustainable source that does not involve the destruction of natural habitats or compete with the human food chain.
You may also want to watch:
"These bio-buses will produce up to 80 per cent less carbon emissions than buses using conventional diesel fuel," he added. "That has to be good for the environment and good for the planet."
To demonstrate its commitment to the industry the company is offering a year's free bus travel as a prize during this Stagecoach Green Week.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Maddy's epic Channel swim will be 'powered by plants'
Andy Campbell, managing director of Stagecoach Cambridgeshire, said: "Using public transport instead of commuting by car is perhaps the single most effective way for people to reduce their carbon footprint. By providing good value, reliable and convenient low-carbon bus travel, we believe we can attract even more customers on to Stagecoach services."
The company will be showing off one of its bio-buses in Huntingdon's market square on Friday (April 25), when it will also be handing out free green gifts to customers.
More information about the free travel competition will be available on Friday.