Great gardens win prizes
THE winners of this year s Huntingdon in Bloom are Stephanie and Martin James of Sallowbush Road. Winners of The Whitney Cup for the Best Front Garden, the couple win a £20 garden voucher. The judges said the garden was beautiful with well-designed bed
THE winners of this year's Huntingdon in Bloom are Stephanie and Martin James of Sallowbush Road.
Winners of The Whitney Cup for the Best Front Garden, the couple win a £20 garden voucher.
The judges said the garden was "beautiful" with well-designed beds, colourful and well-coordinated.
Secretary of Huntingdon in Bloom, Ann Colbert, said: "We were looking for gardens with planting for all-year interest. The winning gardens were tidy with surrounding areas given as much attention as the planting areas.
You may also want to watch:
"All the entries were very colourful and showed that the gardeners were enthusiastic and enjoyed their gardens. Several gardens had been planned with possible drought conditions in mind."
The runners-up, who won £15 vouchers, were Dennis Langdale of Arundel Road, Hartford, Doreen Waine of Sapley Road, Hartford, and Andrew and Tracey Williams of The Glades, Hinchingbrooke Park.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Bustling market town that had 64 pubs at one time
- 6 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 7 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed