Grand plans - don't ignore local councillors
IF HDC and Luminus are so concerned to put Ramsey back on the map (Letters, September 3) why do they not consider giving the old grand a face lift, instead of knocking it to the ground and building a monstrosity that the majority of residents who live in
IF HDC and Luminus are so concerned to put Ramsey back on the map (Letters, September 3) why do they not consider giving the old grand a face lift, instead of knocking it to the ground and building a monstrosity that the majority of residents who live in Ramsey or are Ramsey born and bred do not want?
We know complaints have been made about the noise (so soundproof it) but the Grand was there long before the houses around it were built. Why move to this place if you know it's going to be noisy? It's the same as these stupid people that move and live at the end of an airfield and then have the audacity to complain about the noise from planes, or move to a faming community and complain about the wildlife, the smells, bird scares, farmers harvesting at night, airfields, planes, noise and so on. What do they expect? Next they will want to stop the dawn chorus.
Why do they not listen to the people of this very old and historic town that has much to offer? We know it needs updating in places, but not to the extent of destroying its history and taking away what can only be described as Ramsey's heart.
Why have they not learned from their mistakes? Old people's prefabs were knocked down and Canberra Court, which needs constant CCTV surveillance, was built in its place. Why did they not rebuild more OAP housing? Do Luminus and HDC communicate with other departments or just act independently?
What about the youth of the community? The only thing Ramsey has to offer them for their future is take-away shops and public houses and maybe a smack on the head with a brick or a bit of concrete on the way home.
Why is it that, when Ramsey Town Council rejects applications to change shops into housing, HDC sees fit to reverse the decision? The people vote for their town councillors and have faith in their judgement to make the right decisions for the good of the town. Why do they waste their valuable time free of charge, if all HDC is going to do is make a mockery out of them and make it look like they can't do the job they have been entrusted to do.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 5 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Huntingdonshire History Festival returns this summer
- 10 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
E B HOWARD