Grafham dog brought back to life after being given CPR
A PET dog from Grafham that was swamped by waves and drowned during a family holiday was resuscitated and brought back to life by lifeboatmen. Five-year-old Jack Russell, Belle had been chasing sticks at Cromer beach when she swallowed too much wat
A PET dog from Grafham that was swamped by waves and almost drowned during a family holiday was resuscitated and brought back to life by lifeboatmen.
Five-year-old Jack Russell, Belle had been chasing sticks at Cromer beach when she swallowed too much water and stopped breathing.
She was dragged out by her owner, Clint Thomas-Morgan of Grafham who was holidaying with his wife, Julie, 38, and their children Hermione, five and 18 month old, Felix.
Mr Thomas-Morgan, 42, of Inhams Way, said: "The waves just seemed to catch her with her mouth open and she took in a lot of water, some of which went into her lungs.
"She started listing to one side so I waded in to grab her, still holding Felix, which was hard because the tide was pretty strong.
"When I got to her she was limp and not breathing, like a little rag doll."
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 8 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 9 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
He rushed Belle to several lifeboatmen who were doing a display on the beach.
"I was in a real panic and was asking if anyone could help. One chap said he used to work on a farm and had experience of lambing," said Mr Thomas-Morgan.
"He started massaging Belle's heart through her chest and was slightly holding her upside down.
"It took a while, maybe 10minutes, but it started to work.
"Eventually, she bit down on his finger, which in this case was obviously a good sign and proved she was coming round."
A rush along the coast in the Mr Thomas-Morgans' van got Belle to the vets, where she was treated overnight with a drip and antibiotics.
Mr Thomas-Morgan said: "She is still on antibiotics and has been spoiled ever since, but she is fighting fit again.
"She is part of the family and it was a horrible experience, we just want to say thanks to everyone.