Graffiti message meant the mural had to go
THE reason the mural was gone over ( Mural daubed with gun crime messages, September 26) was because of the racist graffiti that had been tagged over it and little kids that had scrawled over it with markers. They had drawn spliffs in the mouths of the
THE reason the mural was gone over ("Mural daubed with gun crime messages," September 26) was because of the racist graffiti that had been tagged over it and little kids that had scrawled over it with markers.
They had drawn spliffs in the mouths of the portraits, added their names and drawn round themselves.
There was also a big chrome National Front sign.
The mural was a mess and very offensive and had to be gone over as fast as possible so no one saw it.
You may also want to watch:
This is not vandalism. This wall has stopped real vandalism in St Neots by a great deal.
DOMINIC STEPHENSON, Eynesbury
- 1 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 2 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 3 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 4 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Event to remember village's war hero
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 9 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 10 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
* "THE project had been designed to encourage street artists to express themselves." ("Mural daubed with gun crime messages," September 26).
Isn't that exactly what's happened? And in a very positive, topical way as well. Why on earth didn't your report manage to communicate that simple point? Very lazy journalism.
WALTER WILLIAMSON, St Neots