GPs support Hinchingbrooke external review
FOLLOWING the recent coverage of the inquest of Mrs Spooner (The Hunts Post, July 6) we write to express our sadness for her family and to offer our condolences to them all.
We support the actions taken by Hinchingbrooke Healthcare NHS Trust to address the recommendations of the coroner so that our patients receive high quality, safe care. The independent external review is an opportunity for the hospital to demonstrate its commitment to making any changes that might need to be made.
Hunts Health and Health Care Partners represent GP practices in Huntingdonshire. Together we are developing clinical commissioning groups so that we can commission good quality care for our patients. To ensure that this is what patients receive we have been working closely with Hinchingbrooke Hospital in planning the external review. The thoroughness of the review process and speed of the actions that are being taken are encouraging.
We have always had a stated aim to support the trust to deliver high quality, safe and sustainable services and our intention is to continue to do this.
We have confidence in the colorectal services, where Hinchingbrooke is working in collaboration with Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and would like to continue to support a high level of clinical care within the trust.
Dr ANDREW WRIGHT
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 4 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 5 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 6 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 7 Home of the Week
- 8 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 9 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
Dr MALAV BHIMPURIA
Hunts Care Partners