GPs support Hinchingbrooke external review
FOLLOWING the recent coverage of the inquest of Mrs Spooner (The Hunts Post, July 6) we write to express our sadness for her family and to offer our condolences to them all.
We support the actions taken by Hinchingbrooke Healthcare NHS Trust to address the recommendations of the coroner so that our patients receive high quality, safe care. The independent external review is an opportunity for the hospital to demonstrate its commitment to making any changes that might need to be made.
Hunts Health and Health Care Partners represent GP practices in Huntingdonshire. Together we are developing clinical commissioning groups so that we can commission good quality care for our patients. To ensure that this is what patients receive we have been working closely with Hinchingbrooke Hospital in planning the external review. The thoroughness of the review process and speed of the actions that are being taken are encouraging.
We have always had a stated aim to support the trust to deliver high quality, safe and sustainable services and our intention is to continue to do this.
We have confidence in the colorectal services, where Hinchingbrooke is working in collaboration with Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and would like to continue to support a high level of clinical care within the trust.
You may also want to watch:
Dr ANDREW WRIGHT
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
Dr MALAV BHIMPURIA
Hunts Care Partners