GP hours to be extended across Huntingdonshire
GP surgery hours are set to be extended across Huntingdonshire and elsewhere in the county following discussions with NHS chiefs. NHS Cambridgeshire, the primary care trust, announced this week that doctors who had agreed to extend surgery hours included
GP surgery hours are set to be extended across Huntingdonshire and elsewhere in the county following discussions with NHS chiefs.
NHS Cambridgeshire, the primary care trust, announced this week that doctors who had agreed to extend surgery hours included those at Acorn Surgery, Huntingdon, Buckden Surgery, Cedar House Surgery, St Neots, Charles Hicks Centre, Huntingdon, Church Street Health Centre, Somersham, Cromwell Place Surgery, St Ives, Eaton Socon Health Centre, Great Staughton Surgery, Kimbolton Medical Centre, Northcote House Surgery, St Ives, Park Hall Surgery, Somersham, Priory Fields Surgery, Huntingdon, Rainbow Surgery, Ramsey, Ramsey Health Centre, The Spinney, St Ives, Wellside Surgery, Sawtry, Monkfield Medical Practice, Cambourne, and Papworth Surgery.
The actual opening hours will vary between surgeries, and patients are advised to contact their own GPs for details.
St Ives GP Dr Dennis Cox, NHS Cambridgeshire's director of clinical redesign and service improvement, explained: "Patients have asked us for improved access to their local GP services outside normal hours, for example early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
You may also want to watch:
"Negotiations between NHS Cambridgeshire and GPs have been extremely positive, so much so that more than half of the 76 practices across the county are now offering extended hours, improving access and choice for patients. Over time, we hope that other Cambridgeshire practices will extend their opening hours.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target