GP hours to be extended across Huntingdonshire
GP surgery hours are set to be extended across Huntingdonshire and elsewhere in the county following discussions with NHS chiefs. NHS Cambridgeshire, the primary care trust, announced this week that doctors who had agreed to extend surgery hours included
GP surgery hours are set to be extended across Huntingdonshire and elsewhere in the county following discussions with NHS chiefs.
NHS Cambridgeshire, the primary care trust, announced this week that doctors who had agreed to extend surgery hours included those at Acorn Surgery, Huntingdon, Buckden Surgery, Cedar House Surgery, St Neots, Charles Hicks Centre, Huntingdon, Church Street Health Centre, Somersham, Cromwell Place Surgery, St Ives, Eaton Socon Health Centre, Great Staughton Surgery, Kimbolton Medical Centre, Northcote House Surgery, St Ives, Park Hall Surgery, Somersham, Priory Fields Surgery, Huntingdon, Rainbow Surgery, Ramsey, Ramsey Health Centre, The Spinney, St Ives, Wellside Surgery, Sawtry, Monkfield Medical Practice, Cambourne, and Papworth Surgery.
The actual opening hours will vary between surgeries, and patients are advised to contact their own GPs for details.
St Ives GP Dr Dennis Cox, NHS Cambridgeshire's director of clinical redesign and service improvement, explained: "Patients have asked us for improved access to their local GP services outside normal hours, for example early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
"Negotiations between NHS Cambridgeshire and GPs have been extremely positive, so much so that more than half of the 76 practices across the county are now offering extended hours, improving access and choice for patients. Over time, we hope that other Cambridgeshire practices will extend their opening hours.
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman