Gold medallist bypassed by Olympic flame
IT’S good news for the people of St Ives and Huntingdon that they are honoured with a view of the Olympic flame passing through their town.
As Cambridgeshire County Council was consulted as to the route, no doubt their county councillors had a say.
How sad that the flame will bypass St Neots, the largest town in Cambridgeshire. It would have been so easy to leave the A1 at Little Paxton, pass through St Neots and rejoin the A1 at Eaton Socon.
Given that we have an Olympic Gold medallist living in the town, perhaps our elected county councillors can tell us why our town missed out on this prestigious event.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years