Gold medallist bypassed by Olympic flame
IT’S good news for the people of St Ives and Huntingdon that they are honoured with a view of the Olympic flame passing through their town.
As Cambridgeshire County Council was consulted as to the route, no doubt their county councillors had a say.
How sad that the flame will bypass St Neots, the largest town in Cambridgeshire. It would have been so easy to leave the A1 at Little Paxton, pass through St Neots and rejoin the A1 at Eaton Socon.
Given that we have an Olympic Gold medallist living in the town, perhaps our elected county councillors can tell us why our town missed out on this prestigious event.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 2 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 3 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 4 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 5 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 6 New superintendent for Hunts is familiar face from TV crime documentary
- 7 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 8 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
- 9 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 10 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan