Gold medallist bypassed by Olympic flame
IT’S good news for the people of St Ives and Huntingdon that they are honoured with a view of the Olympic flame passing through their town.
As Cambridgeshire County Council was consulted as to the route, no doubt their county councillors had a say.
How sad that the flame will bypass St Neots, the largest town in Cambridgeshire. It would have been so easy to leave the A1 at Little Paxton, pass through St Neots and rejoin the A1 at Eaton Socon.
Given that we have an Olympic Gold medallist living in the town, perhaps our elected county councillors can tell us why our town missed out on this prestigious event.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity