Going out with a splash!
HEADTEACHER Diana Cooling took entertaining children to a whole new level when The Spinning Infants School in Ramsey held its summer fete on Saturday, with the theme of the Wild West. The head, who is retiring at the end of term, was sporting enough to si
HEADTEACHER Diana Cooling took entertaining children to a whole new level when The Spinning Infants School in Ramsey held its summer fete on Saturday, with the theme of the Wild West.
The head, who is retiring at the end of term, was sporting enough to sit in the water dip as she has for the past 15 years of her headship. The way it works is that youngsters pay to throw sponges at a target - which, if they hit it, will release a bucket of water over the head - of the head.
And not content with that, the dizziness defying Mrs Cooling then climbed on to the bucking bronco, all to raise money for her school.
The fete, organised by the school's Parents Friends Association, raised £3,300 on the day, which will be spent on computer equipment, library books, PE equipment and possibly a climbing frame.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Cooling said: "We owe it all to Kirstie Doland and her brilliant Parents Friends Committee. They do fantastic work and all we have to do is turn up. It was a jolly good fete.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 5 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week