Going out with a splash!
HEADTEACHER Diana Cooling took entertaining children to a whole new level when The Spinning Infants School in Ramsey held its summer fete on Saturday, with the theme of the Wild West. The head, who is retiring at the end of term, was sporting enough to si
HEADTEACHER Diana Cooling took entertaining children to a whole new level when The Spinning Infants School in Ramsey held its summer fete on Saturday, with the theme of the Wild West.
The head, who is retiring at the end of term, was sporting enough to sit in the water dip as she has for the past 15 years of her headship. The way it works is that youngsters pay to throw sponges at a target - which, if they hit it, will release a bucket of water over the head - of the head.
And not content with that, the dizziness defying Mrs Cooling then climbed on to the bucking bronco, all to raise money for her school.
The fete, organised by the school's Parents Friends Association, raised £3,300 on the day, which will be spent on computer equipment, library books, PE equipment and possibly a climbing frame.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Cooling said: "We owe it all to Kirstie Doland and her brilliant Parents Friends Committee. They do fantastic work and all we have to do is turn up. It was a jolly good fete.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Godmanchester author reveals amazing accounts of Second World War in new book