Going live for a £20,000 prize
A SINGER-songwriter is set to perform in Birmingham on Saturday (March 15) in the hope of winning a £20,000 recording contract. Tallis Morris, 17, was picked from among 10,000 hopefuls to secure a place in one of the UK s biggest talent contests, Live and
A SINGER-songwriter is set to perform in Birmingham on Saturday (March 15) in the hope of winning a £20,000 recording contract.
Tallis Morris, 17, was picked from among 10,000 hopefuls to secure a place in one of the UK's biggest talent contests, Live and Unsigned.
The Godmanchester teenager will perform in front of 2,000 people as she goes head to head with 15 other singers looking for a place in the regional finals.
Tallis has been writing and singing her own material for two years, regularly playing at venues in St Ives and Cambridge. She has recently recorded an EP Kissing the Rain.
You may also want to watch:
Tallis, who is a pupil at Hinchingbrooke School, Huntingdon, said she was "excited" about her performance on Saturday where she will sing her own song, Silhouettes.
The aim of the competition is to find potential recording artists of the future.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
The overall winner will get a recording contract with Future Music.
INFORMATION: Visit www.liveandunsigned.uk.com or to listen to Tallis's music visit www.myspace.com/tallismorrismusic