Godmanchester waitress gets TV break
A Godmanchester student who works as a singing waitress to pay her way through university is having her moment in the spotlight on a BBC television show. Tor Hills, 23, is a former Hinchingbrooke School pupil who now studies at Vocal Tech in West London.
A Godmanchester student who works as a singing waitress to pay her way through university is having her moment in the spotlight on a BBC television show.
Tor Hills, 23, is a former Hinchingbrooke School pupil who now studies at Vocal Tech in West London.
She started working at The Naked Turtle restaurant in Richmond, south-west London, just two weeks before the BBC started its search for people who sing at work.
Tor and her two colleagues, waitress Steph Grace, 27, and restaurant manager, Dee Livingstone, 28, auditioned with the Christina Aguilera hit Candyman.
You may also want to watch:
And the judges were impressed as they will be on John Barrowman's new television show Tonight's The Night, this Saturday (May 16).
If they impress again, they could be singing in the final on Saturday, May 23, competing against firefighters, paramedics and plumbers.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 3 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 4 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 5 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 10 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
Tor said: "We had a fantastic time taking part in the show. We went in for it to publicise the restaurant, but, if the right person sees us, it could mean a big break."
On Saturday, Tor and her colleagues will sing a Girls Aloud song, The Promise.