Godmanchester waitress gets TV break
A Godmanchester student who works as a singing waitress to pay her way through university is having her moment in the spotlight on a BBC television show. Tor Hills, 23, is a former Hinchingbrooke School pupil who now studies at Vocal Tech in West London.
A Godmanchester student who works as a singing waitress to pay her way through university is having her moment in the spotlight on a BBC television show.
Tor Hills, 23, is a former Hinchingbrooke School pupil who now studies at Vocal Tech in West London.
She started working at The Naked Turtle restaurant in Richmond, south-west London, just two weeks before the BBC started its search for people who sing at work.
Tor and her two colleagues, waitress Steph Grace, 27, and restaurant manager, Dee Livingstone, 28, auditioned with the Christina Aguilera hit Candyman.
And the judges were impressed as they will be on John Barrowman's new television show Tonight's The Night, this Saturday (May 16).
If they impress again, they could be singing in the final on Saturday, May 23, competing against firefighters, paramedics and plumbers.
- 1 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 2 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 5 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 6 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 7 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 8 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 9 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 10 Jail for St Neots man described as 'exceptionally dangerous'
Tor said: "We had a fantastic time taking part in the show. We went in for it to publicise the restaurant, but, if the right person sees us, it could mean a big break."
On Saturday, Tor and her colleagues will sing a Girls Aloud song, The Promise.