Godmanchester road blocked after hay bales fell off tractor
- Credit: Archant
Hay bales have fallen off a trailer of a tractor and blocked a road in Godmanchester this afternoon (Wednesday).
A stretch of West Street is currently partially blocked with slow moving traffic in both directions between the Pinfold Lane junction and the Berry Lane junction.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “We were called at 11.35am this morning with reports of a tractor trailer which had lost its load.
“Bales of straw were in the road and caused damage to some nearby vehicles.”
The road has been closed at Offord and diversions have been put in while recovery takes place.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known how the accident occurred at this stage.
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 Bandstand in Huntingdon lit up for Prince Philip as district pays tribute to 'dedicated' royal consort
- 7 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
- 8 Vegetable collections and hand sanitiser production was village's response to pandemic
- 9 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 10 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'