Godmanchester road blocked after hay bales fell off tractor
- Credit: Archant
Hay bales have fallen off a trailer of a tractor and blocked a road in Godmanchester this afternoon (Wednesday).
A stretch of West Street is currently partially blocked with slow moving traffic in both directions between the Pinfold Lane junction and the Berry Lane junction.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “We were called at 11.35am this morning with reports of a tractor trailer which had lost its load.
“Bales of straw were in the road and caused damage to some nearby vehicles.”
The road has been closed at Offord and diversions have been put in while recovery takes place.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known how the accident occurred at this stage.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space