Godmanchester road blocked after hay bales fell off tractor
- Credit: Archant
Hay bales have fallen off a trailer of a tractor and blocked a road in Godmanchester this afternoon (Wednesday).
A stretch of West Street is currently partially blocked with slow moving traffic in both directions between the Pinfold Lane junction and the Berry Lane junction.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “We were called at 11.35am this morning with reports of a tractor trailer which had lost its load.
“Bales of straw were in the road and caused damage to some nearby vehicles.”
The road has been closed at Offord and diversions have been put in while recovery takes place.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known how the accident occurred at this stage.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 5 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 6 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 7 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 10 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter