‘God forbid we ever need a fire engine’
I LIVE in Sandwich Road, near the station, and our road is packed with station fee-dodging cars all day.
The council put double yellow lines outside the schools, so the cars have moved to the side streets.
These inconsiderate people park up to and opposite drives, which makes getting in and out difficult, and some even park on the pavement, causing people with pushchairs to have to walk in the road. Not to mention the problems it causes the bin collection lorry.
God forbid we ever need a fire engine.
I for one, and I’m not alone, would welcome a residents’ permit scheme.
I appreciate it’s a free country and they’ve paid their road tax, but a little consideration would be nice.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 5 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 6 House set alight in Brampton
- 7 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 8 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 9 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam