St Ives Rangers Disability Team has won the second county tournament for children with moderate learning difficulties. The team retained the trophy after four hard-fought games at Peterborough Embankment. The tournament, supported by Huntingdonshire Dis
St Ives Rangers Disability Team has won the second county tournament for children with moderate learning difficulties.
The team retained the trophy after four hard-fought games at Peterborough Embankment.
The tournament, supported by Huntingdonshire District Council, saw teams from Peterborough and Cambridge, alongside St Ives, battle it out for the trophy.
St Ives won all three of their league games, scoring eight goals and conceding only one. The final was a closer affair however, but a 2-2 draw was enough for St Ives to hold on to the cup.
The team celebrated its triumph in front of more than 6,000 fans before the Peterborough United v Lincoln City match, and received VIP treatment in the club's executive box.
Team secretary Ryan Armes said: "I am extremely proud of the lads for their efforts and would also like to thank Roger Bates and Mark Rebane for their significant coaching support.
- 1 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 3 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 OBITUARY: village resident Roma aged 101 dies
- 6 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 9 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
"The event was another success story and I hope that this can act as a springboard for future development."
INFORMATION: St Ives Rangers is looking for new players. Contact Ryan Armes, community sports and recreation officer for Huntingdonshire District Council, on 01480 387098 or you can e-mail email@example.com
n St Ives Rangers, pictured, took home the cup. Picture: SUPPLIED.