St Ives Rangers Disability Team has won the second county tournament for children with moderate learning difficulties. The team retained the trophy after four hard-fought games at Peterborough Embankment. The tournament, supported by Huntingdonshire Dis
St Ives Rangers Disability Team has won the second county tournament for children with moderate learning difficulties.
The team retained the trophy after four hard-fought games at Peterborough Embankment.
The tournament, supported by Huntingdonshire District Council, saw teams from Peterborough and Cambridge, alongside St Ives, battle it out for the trophy.
St Ives won all three of their league games, scoring eight goals and conceding only one. The final was a closer affair however, but a 2-2 draw was enough for St Ives to hold on to the cup.
You may also want to watch:
The team celebrated its triumph in front of more than 6,000 fans before the Peterborough United v Lincoln City match, and received VIP treatment in the club's executive box.
Team secretary Ryan Armes said: "I am extremely proud of the lads for their efforts and would also like to thank Roger Bates and Mark Rebane for their significant coaching support.
- 1 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 2 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 3 Mayor launches digital campaign to improve St Ives road network
- 4 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 5 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 6 Hemingford Abbots launched 'fantastic scheme' during pandemic
- 7 Bonito Platito Coffee & Co opens in Hemingford Grey
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 What does 'being wealthy' mean?
- 10 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
"The event was another success story and I hope that this can act as a springboard for future development."
INFORMATION: St Ives Rangers is looking for new players. Contact Ryan Armes, community sports and recreation officer for Huntingdonshire District Council, on 01480 387098 or you can e-mail email@example.com
n St Ives Rangers, pictured, took home the cup. Picture: SUPPLIED.