St Ives Rangers Disability Team has won the second county tournament for children with moderate learning difficulties. The team retained the trophy after four hard-fought games at Peterborough Embankment. The tournament, supported by Huntingdonshire Dis
St Ives Rangers Disability Team has won the second county tournament for children with moderate learning difficulties.
The team retained the trophy after four hard-fought games at Peterborough Embankment.
The tournament, supported by Huntingdonshire District Council, saw teams from Peterborough and Cambridge, alongside St Ives, battle it out for the trophy.
St Ives won all three of their league games, scoring eight goals and conceding only one. The final was a closer affair however, but a 2-2 draw was enough for St Ives to hold on to the cup.
You may also want to watch:
The team celebrated its triumph in front of more than 6,000 fans before the Peterborough United v Lincoln City match, and received VIP treatment in the club's executive box.
Team secretary Ryan Armes said: "I am extremely proud of the lads for their efforts and would also like to thank Roger Bates and Mark Rebane for their significant coaching support.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 3 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 7 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 9 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 10 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
"The event was another success story and I hope that this can act as a springboard for future development."
INFORMATION: St Ives Rangers is looking for new players. Contact Ryan Armes, community sports and recreation officer for Huntingdonshire District Council, on 01480 387098 or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
n St Ives Rangers, pictured, took home the cup. Picture: SUPPLIED.