Glowing Ofsted report for St Ivo School
A secondary school has been commended for its happy, confident pupils who make an outstanding contribution to the community. The St Ivo School, in St Ives, also prepares its pupils well for further education or employment, according to Government inspecto
A secondary school has been commended for its happy, confident pupils who make an outstanding contribution to the community.
The St Ivo School, in St Ives, also prepares its pupils well for further education or employment, according to Government inspectorate Ofsted.
It adds that academic standards achieved by pupils at the end of both Year 11 and the sixth form are above average.
Headteacher Howard Gilbert was praised for his strong leadership as were the senior management for being committed to improving the school.
You may also want to watch:
Pupil behaviour and attendance was said to be good and an improvement was noted from the previous inspection.
Areas for improvement highlighted by the inspectors included increased checks on pupils' progress and continued improvement on the quality of teaching.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
Mr Gilbert said: "The inspectors were impressed by the atmosphere in the school. They recognised that pupils are proud of their school and said they could understand why. We are very pleased that the lead inspector felt the school is making the right changes to further improve.