Glowing Ofsted report for St Ivo School
A secondary school has been commended for its happy, confident pupils who make an outstanding contribution to the community. The St Ivo School, in St Ives, also prepares its pupils well for further education or employment, according to Government inspecto
A secondary school has been commended for its happy, confident pupils who make an outstanding contribution to the community.
The St Ivo School, in St Ives, also prepares its pupils well for further education or employment, according to Government inspectorate Ofsted.
It adds that academic standards achieved by pupils at the end of both Year 11 and the sixth form are above average.
Headteacher Howard Gilbert was praised for his strong leadership as were the senior management for being committed to improving the school.
You may also want to watch:
Pupil behaviour and attendance was said to be good and an improvement was noted from the previous inspection.
Areas for improvement highlighted by the inspectors included increased checks on pupils' progress and continued improvement on the quality of teaching.
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
Mr Gilbert said: "The inspectors were impressed by the atmosphere in the school. They recognised that pupils are proud of their school and said they could understand why. We are very pleased that the lead inspector felt the school is making the right changes to further improve.