Global success for niche director of food for men
- Credit: Archant
A former buyer for Harrods and Selfridges is celebrating after experiencing worldwide demand for his man-marketed food.
Andre Dang, founder of We Love Man Food, started the company from his kitchen in Warboys after being “fed up of buying jars only to find bland, wet mush inside”.
“After my family complained about the standard of pickles, I decided to put my money where my taste buds were and develop my own range of simple, great tasting food that blokes can grab out of the cupboard and enjoy with cheeses, cold cuts, pies, or meat”, said Mr Dang.
Since then he has gone onto employ three members of staff and sell products all over the world from the company’s headquarters in St Margarets Way, Huntingdon.
The company has recently had orders for satay sauce from the Netherlands, and is also selling smoked tomato sauce and smoked garlic mayonnaise to Belgium.
You may also want to watch:
His achievement, Mr Dang says, has been helped by the Department for International Trade which enabled the businessman to meet potential leads at UK trade shows, including Food Expo and the Speciality and Fine Food Show.
“We’re also trying a few overseas trade shows and have so far done Tavola, in Belgium, and SIAL, in Paris,” Mr Dang added.
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 4 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 5 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 8 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 9 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 10 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
The firm recently secured a prime position on the UK pavilion at SIAL Paris, the world’s largest food innovation exhibition. As well as orders from Netherlands and Belgium this resulted in enquiries from across the globe.
Nick Walsh, trade adviser, said: “We Love Man Food is an extremely innovative business that is growing rapidly as it establishes its high quality, up-market brand. I have no doubt it will go from strength-to-strength as it expands its penetration of overseas markets.”