Global success for niche director of food for men
- Credit: Archant
A former buyer for Harrods and Selfridges is celebrating after experiencing worldwide demand for his man-marketed food.
Andre Dang, founder of We Love Man Food, started the company from his kitchen in Warboys after being “fed up of buying jars only to find bland, wet mush inside”.
“After my family complained about the standard of pickles, I decided to put my money where my taste buds were and develop my own range of simple, great tasting food that blokes can grab out of the cupboard and enjoy with cheeses, cold cuts, pies, or meat”, said Mr Dang.
Since then he has gone onto employ three members of staff and sell products all over the world from the company’s headquarters in St Margarets Way, Huntingdon.
The company has recently had orders for satay sauce from the Netherlands, and is also selling smoked tomato sauce and smoked garlic mayonnaise to Belgium.
You may also want to watch:
His achievement, Mr Dang says, has been helped by the Department for International Trade which enabled the businessman to meet potential leads at UK trade shows, including Food Expo and the Speciality and Fine Food Show.
“We’re also trying a few overseas trade shows and have so far done Tavola, in Belgium, and SIAL, in Paris,” Mr Dang added.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 9 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
The firm recently secured a prime position on the UK pavilion at SIAL Paris, the world’s largest food innovation exhibition. As well as orders from Netherlands and Belgium this resulted in enquiries from across the globe.
Nick Walsh, trade adviser, said: “We Love Man Food is an extremely innovative business that is growing rapidly as it establishes its high quality, up-market brand. I have no doubt it will go from strength-to-strength as it expands its penetration of overseas markets.”