FRIDAY NOVEMBER 10: KARINE POLWART @ THE JUNCTION, CAMBRIDGE Singer-songwriter Karine Polwart has received rave reviews nationwide for her intricate storytelling. She won the award for Best Album at the BBC Folk Awards in 2005, with awards for Best Song a
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 10: KARINE POLWART @ THE JUNCTION, CAMBRIDGE
Singer-songwriter Karine Polwart has received rave reviews nationwide for her intricate storytelling. She won the award for Best Album at the BBC Folk Awards in 2005, with awards for Best Song and Best Newcomer, fans of more traditional folk music would be foolish to miss this event. Tickets £10, see www.junction.co.uk
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11: ROCK NIGHT @ ANGLIA RUSKIN UNIVERSITY, CAMBRIDGE
Headlining this new event is Kyrbgrinder, whose drummer, Johanne James was recently voted drummer of the year by the Classic Rock Society. The London based signed band make a welcome return to Cambridge after their storming set at this year's Strawberry Fair. Support from Last Man Standing (from St. Albans) and Huntingdon's very own Mr Zed. Tickets, £3. Doors, 8pm. A late night, with Kyrbgrinder not on stage until midnight.
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 11: Kyla sings new songs at Cromwells Bar in Huntingdon High Street.
9pm -2am with music by DJ L'Roy. Free entry.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 12: JACK @ THE BAKERS ARMS, FULBOURN
Lead by the immensely talented John Wright on guitar, Jack are a no-nonsense blues covers band, played with a high level of musicianship. Free entry, and a good atmosphere.