FRIDAY NOVEMBER 10: KARINE POLWART @ THE JUNCTION, CAMBRIDGE Singer-songwriter Karine Polwart has received rave reviews nationwide for her intricate storytelling. She won the award for Best Album at the BBC Folk Awards in 2005, with awards for Best Song a
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 10: KARINE POLWART @ THE JUNCTION, CAMBRIDGE
Singer-songwriter Karine Polwart has received rave reviews nationwide for her intricate storytelling. She won the award for Best Album at the BBC Folk Awards in 2005, with awards for Best Song and Best Newcomer, fans of more traditional folk music would be foolish to miss this event. Tickets £10, see www.junction.co.uk
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11: ROCK NIGHT @ ANGLIA RUSKIN UNIVERSITY, CAMBRIDGE
Headlining this new event is Kyrbgrinder, whose drummer, Johanne James was recently voted drummer of the year by the Classic Rock Society. The London based signed band make a welcome return to Cambridge after their storming set at this year's Strawberry Fair. Support from Last Man Standing (from St. Albans) and Huntingdon's very own Mr Zed. Tickets, £3. Doors, 8pm. A late night, with Kyrbgrinder not on stage until midnight.
You may also want to watch:
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 11: Kyla sings new songs at Cromwells Bar in Huntingdon High Street.
9pm -2am with music by DJ L'Roy. Free entry.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 5 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 6 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 12: JACK @ THE BAKERS ARMS, FULBOURN
Lead by the immensely talented John Wright on guitar, Jack are a no-nonsense blues covers band, played with a high level of musicianship. Free entry, and a good atmosphere.