FRIDAY NOVEMBER 10: KARINE POLWART @ THE JUNCTION, CAMBRIDGE Singer-songwriter Karine Polwart has received rave reviews nationwide for her intricate storytelling. She won the award for Best Album at the BBC Folk Awards in 2005, with awards for Best Song a
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 10: KARINE POLWART @ THE JUNCTION, CAMBRIDGE
Singer-songwriter Karine Polwart has received rave reviews nationwide for her intricate storytelling. She won the award for Best Album at the BBC Folk Awards in 2005, with awards for Best Song and Best Newcomer, fans of more traditional folk music would be foolish to miss this event. Tickets £10, see www.junction.co.uk
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11: ROCK NIGHT @ ANGLIA RUSKIN UNIVERSITY, CAMBRIDGE
Headlining this new event is Kyrbgrinder, whose drummer, Johanne James was recently voted drummer of the year by the Classic Rock Society. The London based signed band make a welcome return to Cambridge after their storming set at this year's Strawberry Fair. Support from Last Man Standing (from St. Albans) and Huntingdon's very own Mr Zed. Tickets, £3. Doors, 8pm. A late night, with Kyrbgrinder not on stage until midnight.
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 11: Kyla sings new songs at Cromwells Bar in Huntingdon High Street.
9pm -2am with music by DJ L'Roy. Free entry.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 6 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 7 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Civil war event in Huntingdon this weekend
- 10 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 12: JACK @ THE BAKERS ARMS, FULBOURN
Lead by the immensely talented John Wright on guitar, Jack are a no-nonsense blues covers band, played with a high level of musicianship. Free entry, and a good atmosphere.