Gigs Preview : Folk at the Pub
ST NEOTS Folk Club meets weekly in a newly refurbished part of The King s Head in St Neots. On Tuesday, October 30, the club hosts its occasional Round the Room session – inviting musicians and singers to take part in an evening of songs. The atmosphere i
ST NEOTS Folk Club meets weekly in a newly refurbished part of The King's Head in St Neots.
On Tuesday, October 30, the club hosts its occasional Round the Room session - inviting musicians and singers to take part in an evening of songs. The atmosphere is extremely friendly and performers and audience just have to turn up.
The following week on November 6, there is acclaimed wordsmith and songwriter, Steve Tilston.
On Friday, October 26, Cambridge Folk Club presents Clive Carroll at the Golden Hind pub in Cambridge. Carroll is described as a "guitar maestro" who has toured both Europe and America with his classical tinted Irish folk. On Friday, November 2, the club opens its doors for its Open Stage night.
Another night of folk and blues is being launched at the Unicorn pub in Trumpington - starting this Sunday. My own group Alighting will be playing alongside fingerpicking folk and blues singer Martin Kaszak from 8pm.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 7 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 8 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 9 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
INFORMATION: For further details about these nights: http://uk.geocities.com/stneotsfolkclub www.cambridgefolkclub.org