Gigs Preview : Folk at the Pub
ST NEOTS Folk Club meets weekly in a newly refurbished part of The King s Head in St Neots. On Tuesday, October 30, the club hosts its occasional Round the Room session – inviting musicians and singers to take part in an evening of songs. The atmosphere i
ST NEOTS Folk Club meets weekly in a newly refurbished part of The King's Head in St Neots.
On Tuesday, October 30, the club hosts its occasional Round the Room session - inviting musicians and singers to take part in an evening of songs. The atmosphere is extremely friendly and performers and audience just have to turn up.
The following week on November 6, there is acclaimed wordsmith and songwriter, Steve Tilston.
On Friday, October 26, Cambridge Folk Club presents Clive Carroll at the Golden Hind pub in Cambridge. Carroll is described as a "guitar maestro" who has toured both Europe and America with his classical tinted Irish folk. On Friday, November 2, the club opens its doors for its Open Stage night.
You may also want to watch:
Another night of folk and blues is being launched at the Unicorn pub in Trumpington - starting this Sunday. My own group Alighting will be playing alongside fingerpicking folk and blues singer Martin Kaszak from 8pm.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 9 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
INFORMATION: For further details about these nights: http://uk.geocities.com/stneotsfolkclub www.cambridgefolkclub.org