Gigs Preview : Folk at the Pub
ST NEOTS Folk Club meets weekly in a newly refurbished part of The King s Head in St Neots. On Tuesday, October 30, the club hosts its occasional Round the Room session – inviting musicians and singers to take part in an evening of songs. The atmosphere i
ST NEOTS Folk Club meets weekly in a newly refurbished part of The King's Head in St Neots.
On Tuesday, October 30, the club hosts its occasional Round the Room session - inviting musicians and singers to take part in an evening of songs. The atmosphere is extremely friendly and performers and audience just have to turn up.
The following week on November 6, there is acclaimed wordsmith and songwriter, Steve Tilston.
On Friday, October 26, Cambridge Folk Club presents Clive Carroll at the Golden Hind pub in Cambridge. Carroll is described as a "guitar maestro" who has toured both Europe and America with his classical tinted Irish folk. On Friday, November 2, the club opens its doors for its Open Stage night.
You may also want to watch:
Another night of folk and blues is being launched at the Unicorn pub in Trumpington - starting this Sunday. My own group Alighting will be playing alongside fingerpicking folk and blues singer Martin Kaszak from 8pm.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 6 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 10 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
INFORMATION: For further details about these nights: http://uk.geocities.com/stneotsfolkclub www.cambridgefolkclub.org