Gigs Preview : Folk at the Pub
ST NEOTS Folk Club meets weekly in a newly refurbished part of The King s Head in St Neots. On Tuesday, October 30, the club hosts its occasional Round the Room session – inviting musicians and singers to take part in an evening of songs. The atmosphere i
ST NEOTS Folk Club meets weekly in a newly refurbished part of The King's Head in St Neots.
On Tuesday, October 30, the club hosts its occasional Round the Room session - inviting musicians and singers to take part in an evening of songs. The atmosphere is extremely friendly and performers and audience just have to turn up.
The following week on November 6, there is acclaimed wordsmith and songwriter, Steve Tilston.
On Friday, October 26, Cambridge Folk Club presents Clive Carroll at the Golden Hind pub in Cambridge. Carroll is described as a "guitar maestro" who has toured both Europe and America with his classical tinted Irish folk. On Friday, November 2, the club opens its doors for its Open Stage night.
Another night of folk and blues is being launched at the Unicorn pub in Trumpington - starting this Sunday. My own group Alighting will be playing alongside fingerpicking folk and blues singer Martin Kaszak from 8pm.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
INFORMATION: For further details about these nights: http://uk.geocities.com/stneotsfolkclub www.cambridgefolkclub.org