Gig Previews: Events at the Cambridge Barfly
THE closure of popular Cambridge music venue The Loft was rightly considered a huge loss to the local music scene. However, its replacement – The Cambridge Barfly, at the same venue – has more than excited the locals. The recent sell-out show by singer-
THE closure of popular Cambridge music venue The Loft was rightly considered a huge loss to the local music scene. However, its replacement - The Cambridge Barfly, at the same venue - has more than excited the locals.
The recent sell-out show by singer-songwriter Ed Harcourt is a clear demonstration of the quality of act The Barfly can attract, and the future gigging schedule is littered with highlights. Among the gigs worth looking out for are: acclaimed London songwriter Tom Baxter (Sunday, October 21), Devon-based soul/pop chart favourites The Rumble Strips (Tuesday, October 23), hotly-tipped pop band Los Campesinos (Monday, October 29 October) and a little further down the line will see a performance by Emma Pollock on December 5.
Pollock is the former lead singer of Scottish cult heroes, The Delgados, and plays Cambridge in promotion of her debut solo album, with support from local band The Puncture Repair Kit. And for those of you planning your Christmas schedule, Cambridge favourites Ezio play two nights at the Barfly on December 21/22.
INFORMATION: The Cambridge Barfly is upstairs at The Graduate, 16 Chesterton Road, Cambridge CB4 3AX. Ticket line for all shows: 0870 9070999
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 3 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 4 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 7 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 8 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 9 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
- 10 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years