Gig Preview: Wishbone Ash @ The Junction, Cambridge, April 9
THE team behind the hugely popular local festival, Rockinbeerfest, is promoting Wishbone Ash at the Junction in Cambridge on Sunday as a fundraiser to help stage the third Rockinbeerfest on August 17 - 20, at the Britten Arena, Kings Bush Centre, Wood Gre
THE team behind the hugely popular local festival, Rockinbeerfest, is promoting Wishbone Ash at the Junction in Cambridge on Sunday as a fundraiser to help stage the third Rockinbeerfest on August 17 - 20, at the Britten Arena, Kings Bush Centre, Wood Green in Godmanchester.
Support comes from young Birmingham band, UXL. Both bands have performed at the Rockinbeerfest and were received extremely well by the crowd. Wishbone Ash have been in action for 36 years, and still remain hugely popular with classic rock lovers. Formed in October 1969, Wishbone Ash was gigging by 1970. The band garnered notice in the early days for a unique blend of blues, jazz and English folk. But it was the way the guitars played melodic leads together that would become Wishbone Ash's trademark, inspiring such bands as Thin Lizzy and Iron Maiden. Tickets for the event are £15 in advance, or £16 on the door from the Junction box office: 01223 511511.
We have three pairs of tickets to be won for this Sunday's concert. The first three people to email email@example.com stating their interest will have a pair of tickets awaiting them on the door at the Junction.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist