Gig Preview: Wishbone Ash @ The Junction, Cambridge, April 9
THE team behind the hugely popular local festival, Rockinbeerfest, is promoting Wishbone Ash at the Junction in Cambridge on Sunday as a fundraiser to help stage the third Rockinbeerfest on August 17 - 20, at the Britten Arena, Kings Bush Centre, Wood Gre
THE team behind the hugely popular local festival, Rockinbeerfest, is promoting Wishbone Ash at the Junction in Cambridge on Sunday as a fundraiser to help stage the third Rockinbeerfest on August 17 - 20, at the Britten Arena, Kings Bush Centre, Wood Green in Godmanchester.
Support comes from young Birmingham band, UXL. Both bands have performed at the Rockinbeerfest and were received extremely well by the crowd. Wishbone Ash have been in action for 36 years, and still remain hugely popular with classic rock lovers. Formed in October 1969, Wishbone Ash was gigging by 1970. The band garnered notice in the early days for a unique blend of blues, jazz and English folk. But it was the way the guitars played melodic leads together that would become Wishbone Ash's trademark, inspiring such bands as Thin Lizzy and Iron Maiden. Tickets for the event are £15 in advance, or £16 on the door from the Junction box office: 01223 511511.
We have three pairs of tickets to be won for this Sunday's concert. The first three people to email email@example.com stating their interest will have a pair of tickets awaiting them on the door at the Junction.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity