GIG OF THE WEEK: Free Folk Day, Whittlesford Saturday, July 21
THE eighth Red Lion Free Folk Day is on Saturday, with music from noon to midnight. The programme includes a tune session, singaround, singing and song-writing workshops and a bodhran workshop as well as an open stage. Feature spots will be from Dan Leig
THE eighth Red Lion Free Folk Day is on Saturday, with music from noon to midnight.
The programme includes a tune session, singaround, singing and song-writing workshops and a bodhran workshop as well as an open stage.
Feature spots will be from Dan Leighton, Ted Lindley, Tony and Marie Mace, Non Smith, Tu, Richard Wells and Penni McLaren-Walker with Bryan Causton.
The day will conclude with a grand barn dance in the evening with top folk-rock ceilidh band Swindlers and Gentry.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone is welcome," says Penni McLaren Walker, a nationally known performer who is running the song-writing workshop. "It's such a friendly club and a great festival - whether you are a seasoned performer or beginner or just want to come along and listen, it's a wonderful day full of wonderful folk."
The venue, the Red Lion Hotel, is providing a marquee thanks to the support of Adnams brewery. There will be a BBQ plus hot food and real ale served throughout the day.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 4 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 5 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 6 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 10 Strictly favourites Anton and Giovanni set for star-studded show