GIG OF THE WEEK: Free Folk Day, Whittlesford Saturday, July 21
THE eighth Red Lion Free Folk Day is on Saturday, with music from noon to midnight. The programme includes a tune session, singaround, singing and song-writing workshops and a bodhran workshop as well as an open stage. Feature spots will be from Dan Leig
THE eighth Red Lion Free Folk Day is on Saturday, with music from noon to midnight.
The programme includes a tune session, singaround, singing and song-writing workshops and a bodhran workshop as well as an open stage.
Feature spots will be from Dan Leighton, Ted Lindley, Tony and Marie Mace, Non Smith, Tu, Richard Wells and Penni McLaren-Walker with Bryan Causton.
The day will conclude with a grand barn dance in the evening with top folk-rock ceilidh band Swindlers and Gentry.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone is welcome," says Penni McLaren Walker, a nationally known performer who is running the song-writing workshop. "It's such a friendly club and a great festival - whether you are a seasoned performer or beginner or just want to come along and listen, it's a wonderful day full of wonderful folk."
The venue, the Red Lion Hotel, is providing a marquee thanks to the support of Adnams brewery. There will be a BBQ plus hot food and real ale served throughout the day.
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life