GIG OF THE WEEK: FRANK HAMILTON
@The Boat House – December 9 MUCH acclaimed singer-songwriter Frank Hamilton, former St Ivo pupil, returns to Cambridgeshire this weekend with a show at the Boat House in Cambridge. Hamilton, 21, originally from Holywell, dubbed the Mike Skinner of folk h
@The Boat House - December 9
MUCH acclaimed singer-songwriter Frank Hamilton, former St Ivo pupil, returns to Cambridgeshire this weekend with a show at the Boat House in Cambridge. Hamilton, 21, originally from Holywell, dubbed the Mike Skinner of folk has made a great name for himself since studying music at the Guildford Contemporary School of Music.
Together with his exceptionally tight band, he has received praise from Xpress FM and BBC Southern Counties. A finalist in the MBF Songwriting Awards 2005, Hamilton secured publishing for the self release End Of Common Sense EP in June and a month later released debut single I Can't Stand You (coz you bore me senseless).
Touring extensively throughout July, his reputation gets richer by the gig. With second single, Disco Fever on the way, Frank and his band have three dates in London and gigs in Portsmouth, Guildford and Cambridge. Saturday's performance at the intimate venue that is The Boat House could well be something very special.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Doors 7.30pm. See www.myspace.com/frankhamiltonband
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald