GIG OF THE WEEK: FRANK HAMILTON
@The Boat House – December 9 MUCH acclaimed singer-songwriter Frank Hamilton, former St Ivo pupil, returns to Cambridgeshire this weekend with a show at the Boat House in Cambridge. Hamilton, 21, originally from Holywell, dubbed the Mike Skinner of folk h
@The Boat House - December 9
MUCH acclaimed singer-songwriter Frank Hamilton, former St Ivo pupil, returns to Cambridgeshire this weekend with a show at the Boat House in Cambridge. Hamilton, 21, originally from Holywell, dubbed the Mike Skinner of folk has made a great name for himself since studying music at the Guildford Contemporary School of Music.
Together with his exceptionally tight band, he has received praise from Xpress FM and BBC Southern Counties. A finalist in the MBF Songwriting Awards 2005, Hamilton secured publishing for the self release End Of Common Sense EP in June and a month later released debut single I Can't Stand You (coz you bore me senseless).
Touring extensively throughout July, his reputation gets richer by the gig. With second single, Disco Fever on the way, Frank and his band have three dates in London and gigs in Portsmouth, Guildford and Cambridge. Saturday's performance at the intimate venue that is The Boat House could well be something very special.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Doors 7.30pm. See www.myspace.com/frankhamiltonband
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 10 More Readers' Photos for this week