GIG OF THE WEEK: FRANK HAMILTON
@The Boat House – December 9 MUCH acclaimed singer-songwriter Frank Hamilton, former St Ivo pupil, returns to Cambridgeshire this weekend with a show at the Boat House in Cambridge. Hamilton, 21, originally from Holywell, dubbed the Mike Skinner of folk h
@The Boat House - December 9
MUCH acclaimed singer-songwriter Frank Hamilton, former St Ivo pupil, returns to Cambridgeshire this weekend with a show at the Boat House in Cambridge. Hamilton, 21, originally from Holywell, dubbed the Mike Skinner of folk has made a great name for himself since studying music at the Guildford Contemporary School of Music.
Together with his exceptionally tight band, he has received praise from Xpress FM and BBC Southern Counties. A finalist in the MBF Songwriting Awards 2005, Hamilton secured publishing for the self release End Of Common Sense EP in June and a month later released debut single I Can't Stand You (coz you bore me senseless).
Touring extensively throughout July, his reputation gets richer by the gig. With second single, Disco Fever on the way, Frank and his band have three dates in London and gigs in Portsmouth, Guildford and Cambridge. Saturday's performance at the intimate venue that is The Boat House could well be something very special.
INFORMATION: Doors 7.30pm. See www.myspace.com/frankhamiltonband
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 3 Could you give these pets a home?
- 4 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit in St Neots
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 9 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer