GIG OF THE WEEK: Children in Need Musical Marathon
Floods Tavern, St Ives – November 17 IT S that time of the year again, the annual Children in Need day. Friday finds Floods Tavern in St Ives in a charitable mood, hosting a potentially breathtaking 12 hour music marathon. The concept itself is simple; s
Floods Tavern, St Ives - November 17
IT'S that time of the year again, the annual Children in Need day.
Friday finds Floods Tavern in St Ives in a charitable mood, hosting a potentially breathtaking 12 hour music marathon.
The concept itself is simple; solid music for 12 hours. The day will feature many acts, both electric and acoustic, and in the periods where there are no bands (around early afternoon) local musicians are welcome to jam to keep the music going.
In between bands, local singer/guitarist Matt Harvey
(www.myspace.com/mattharvey) will be playing, so the music is sure to be continuous making this a fascinating achievement.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 4 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 5 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 7 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 8 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 9 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 10 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
The gig will be opened at midday by Cambridge all-girl rock band Emerald Sky (listen to them at www.emerald-sky.com) , and the following 11 and a half hours sees music from St Ives rockers Solvent UK (www.solvent-band.co.uk), popular local covers band Third Party, Under The Streetlamp, (www.myspace.com/underthestreetlamp), local punk heroes 9FoldPunch (www.9foldpunch.com) with more to be confirmed at the time of going to press, plus acoustic music from melodic singer-songwriter Trevor Jones (www.trevorjones.com), Alighting (popular acoustic duo featuring Chris Boland on vocals - www.alighting.co.uk), acclaimed Cambridge songwriter Emma York ( www.emmayork.co.uk), popular Cambridgeshire acoustic artist Ross Martyn (www.rossmartyn.com), Tigermilk -the new solo project from Kerry Lambert of Dear Old Blighty (www.myspace.com/tigermilk ) and St Ives showman Matt Gifford (www.mattgifford.com ).
All the acts playing are performing for free. If you're into live music, this 12-hour gig will be close to paradise for you.
INFORMATION: Noon to midnight: Free entry - donations to BBC Children in Need.