Getting together for a festive lunch
A CHRISTMAS lunch is being organised by a Huntingdon church for adults who do not want to be on their own this year. The lunch is free, and is being co-ordinated by Huntingdonshire Community Church. It will be on Christmas Day at the Medway Centre, Hunti
A CHRISTMAS lunch is being organised by a Huntingdon church for adults who do not want to be on their own this year.
The lunch is free, and is being co-ordinated by Huntingdonshire Community Church. It will be on Christmas Day at the Medway Centre, Huntingdon, from noon until 4pm.
Event co-ordinator Guinette Davies said: "Preparation for the day is going well and we already have 30 volunteers to help make the day a success. Others have offered to help with the preparation for the day by wrapping presents, writing cards, making mince pies and preparing vegetables."
A total of 30 people have already booked for the lunch, which has 100 spaces and has been organised by Churches Together with support from local businesses and organisations including Huntingdon and Grafham Water Lions Club, the Huntingdon Freeman's and Luminus Group.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anyone wanting more information or to book a place for Christmas lunch should contact Huntingdonshire Community Church on 01480 411665. Transport to the event may be available for those who are less mobile.
- 1 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 4 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 5 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 8 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 9 Petition launched to save school transport for special needs schools
- 10 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon