Getting together for a festive lunch
A CHRISTMAS lunch is being organised by a Huntingdon church for adults who do not want to be on their own this year. The lunch is free, and is being co-ordinated by Huntingdonshire Community Church. It will be on Christmas Day at the Medway Centre, Hunti
A CHRISTMAS lunch is being organised by a Huntingdon church for adults who do not want to be on their own this year.
The lunch is free, and is being co-ordinated by Huntingdonshire Community Church. It will be on Christmas Day at the Medway Centre, Huntingdon, from noon until 4pm.
Event co-ordinator Guinette Davies said: "Preparation for the day is going well and we already have 30 volunteers to help make the day a success. Others have offered to help with the preparation for the day by wrapping presents, writing cards, making mince pies and preparing vegetables."
A total of 30 people have already booked for the lunch, which has 100 spaces and has been organised by Churches Together with support from local businesses and organisations including Huntingdon and Grafham Water Lions Club, the Huntingdon Freeman's and Luminus Group.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anyone wanting more information or to book a place for Christmas lunch should contact Huntingdonshire Community Church on 01480 411665. Transport to the event may be available for those who are less mobile.
- 1 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 4 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 7 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl