Get your dancing shoes out for St Ives charity
BALLROOM and sequence dancers are being invited to dance the night away for charity.
On Friday (June 17), the St Ives Acorn Cancer Support Group is hosting a dance at Sawtry Community College, between 8pm-11pm.
Tickets are �4 and can be bought on the door. Bring your own drinks and refreshments.
Gordon Dyer, the group’s secretary, said: “There will be a raffle, so if you can spare a prize to donate for the raffle that would be much appreciated.”
St Ives Acorn Cancer Support Group, which is a registered charity, runs monthly two-hour meetings at three different venues.
You may also want to watch:
The St Ives group was the original, btu the service now has groups in Huntingdon and Ramsey.
The group aims to alleviate the physical and mental distress of people with cancer, their carers, families and friends.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
It gives cancer sufferers have a place to go after treatment in hospital to get support, to enjoy alternative therapies, and a place to go to get companionship and more.
INFORMATION: To find out more about the group, visit www.acornsupportgroup.org.uk