Get your dancing shoes out for St Ives charity
BALLROOM and sequence dancers are being invited to dance the night away for charity.
On Friday (June 17), the St Ives Acorn Cancer Support Group is hosting a dance at Sawtry Community College, between 8pm-11pm.
Tickets are �4 and can be bought on the door. Bring your own drinks and refreshments.
Gordon Dyer, the group’s secretary, said: “There will be a raffle, so if you can spare a prize to donate for the raffle that would be much appreciated.”
St Ives Acorn Cancer Support Group, which is a registered charity, runs monthly two-hour meetings at three different venues.
The St Ives group was the original, btu the service now has groups in Huntingdon and Ramsey.
The group aims to alleviate the physical and mental distress of people with cancer, their carers, families and friends.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
It gives cancer sufferers have a place to go after treatment in hospital to get support, to enjoy alternative therapies, and a place to go to get companionship and more.
INFORMATION: To find out more about the group, visit www.acornsupportgroup.org.uk