Get your dancing shoes out for St Ives charity
BALLROOM and sequence dancers are being invited to dance the night away for charity.
On Friday (June 17), the St Ives Acorn Cancer Support Group is hosting a dance at Sawtry Community College, between 8pm-11pm.
Tickets are �4 and can be bought on the door. Bring your own drinks and refreshments.
Gordon Dyer, the group’s secretary, said: “There will be a raffle, so if you can spare a prize to donate for the raffle that would be much appreciated.”
St Ives Acorn Cancer Support Group, which is a registered charity, runs monthly two-hour meetings at three different venues.
You may also want to watch:
The St Ives group was the original, btu the service now has groups in Huntingdon and Ramsey.
The group aims to alleviate the physical and mental distress of people with cancer, their carers, families and friends.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 10 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
It gives cancer sufferers have a place to go after treatment in hospital to get support, to enjoy alternative therapies, and a place to go to get companionship and more.
INFORMATION: To find out more about the group, visit www.acornsupportgroup.org.uk