Get the St Neots’ eyesore redeveloped
ON reading about this whole debacle [about the Flacon in St Neots], the more Huntingdonshire District Council seems to have lost a sense of perspective. They are more concerned with sticking to red-tape, using committee-structures, as civil servants do, as smokescreens and ignoring the best needs of St Neots’ residents and the town, than actually facilitating a pragmatic way forward.
St Neots would benefit from this development greatly and apart from financial gain, the owner/developer appears to have an admirable and philanthropic view to the town’s needs.
No-one gives a proverbial ‘monkeys’ for the boathouse – they all, without exception, in my circles wish to see what is becoming an eyesore and liability redeveloped.
My suggestion is: sit down, bury pride face-to-face and hammer out a mutually acceptable way forward quickly. There are already too many Euro-politicians making a lifestyle out of decimating our economy without HDC civil servants doing the same in St Neots!
Prof CHRIS ATTERWILL
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 5 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 6 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 7 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year