Get the St Neots’ eyesore redeveloped
ON reading about this whole debacle [about the Flacon in St Neots], the more Huntingdonshire District Council seems to have lost a sense of perspective. They are more concerned with sticking to red-tape, using committee-structures, as civil servants do, as smokescreens and ignoring the best needs of St Neots’ residents and the town, than actually facilitating a pragmatic way forward.
St Neots would benefit from this development greatly and apart from financial gain, the owner/developer appears to have an admirable and philanthropic view to the town’s needs.
No-one gives a proverbial ‘monkeys’ for the boathouse – they all, without exception, in my circles wish to see what is becoming an eyesore and liability redeveloped.
My suggestion is: sit down, bury pride face-to-face and hammer out a mutually acceptable way forward quickly. There are already too many Euro-politicians making a lifestyle out of decimating our economy without HDC civil servants doing the same in St Neots!
Prof CHRIS ATTERWILL
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon