Get the St Neots’ eyesore redeveloped
ON reading about this whole debacle [about the Flacon in St Neots], the more Huntingdonshire District Council seems to have lost a sense of perspective. They are more concerned with sticking to red-tape, using committee-structures, as civil servants do, as smokescreens and ignoring the best needs of St Neots’ residents and the town, than actually facilitating a pragmatic way forward.
St Neots would benefit from this development greatly and apart from financial gain, the owner/developer appears to have an admirable and philanthropic view to the town’s needs.
No-one gives a proverbial ‘monkeys’ for the boathouse – they all, without exception, in my circles wish to see what is becoming an eyesore and liability redeveloped.
My suggestion is: sit down, bury pride face-to-face and hammer out a mutually acceptable way forward quickly. There are already too many Euro-politicians making a lifestyle out of decimating our economy without HDC civil servants doing the same in St Neots!
Prof CHRIS ATTERWILL
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 7 Food business sponsors new kit for under-10s
- 8 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 9 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 10 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle