Get teddy to sell
REBECCA Kane, aged nine, from Eynesbury will be giving away one of her teddies, for the third time to raise money for the special care baby unit at Hinchingbrooke Hospital. Rebecca and her family have so far raised £7,000 for the unit after her baby siste
REBECCA Kane, aged nine, from Eynesbury will be giving away one of her teddies, for the third time to raise money for the special care baby unit at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Rebecca and her family have so far raised £7,000 for the unit after her baby sister was treated there. Little Olivia Kane died two years ago when she was just nine days old.
Rebecca's parents, John and Lynn, will be holding another charity event on Saturday, April 21, at the Rafa Club in St Neots when there will be an auction of sports memorabilia, a free children's raffle, a Blues Brothers tribute act and karaoke, plus bids for Rebecca's teddy. The event is being sponsored by Haarts estate agents.
Mr Kane said: "Our daughter was treated in the special care unit and we made some close friends there. This the third event we have held. Becky always gives away one of her teddies, and after the first year we decided to buy it back when we realised she was standing at the front and had bid £50 for it herself. We have now raised so much for the special care unit that they have said they will put a plaque up for Olivia."
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The Rafa Club is in Huntingdon Street, St Neots. The special care fundraiser is from 7.30pm until midnight on Saturday, March 10. Entry is £2 adults, £1 children.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 5 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 6 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic