Get teddy to sell
REBECCA Kane, aged nine, from Eynesbury will be giving away one of her teddies, for the third time to raise money for the special care baby unit at Hinchingbrooke Hospital. Rebecca and her family have so far raised £7,000 for the unit after her baby siste
REBECCA Kane, aged nine, from Eynesbury will be giving away one of her teddies, for the third time to raise money for the special care baby unit at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Rebecca and her family have so far raised £7,000 for the unit after her baby sister was treated there. Little Olivia Kane died two years ago when she was just nine days old.
Rebecca's parents, John and Lynn, will be holding another charity event on Saturday, April 21, at the Rafa Club in St Neots when there will be an auction of sports memorabilia, a free children's raffle, a Blues Brothers tribute act and karaoke, plus bids for Rebecca's teddy. The event is being sponsored by Haarts estate agents.
Mr Kane said: "Our daughter was treated in the special care unit and we made some close friends there. This the third event we have held. Becky always gives away one of her teddies, and after the first year we decided to buy it back when we realised she was standing at the front and had bid £50 for it herself. We have now raised so much for the special care unit that they have said they will put a plaque up for Olivia."
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The Rafa Club is in Huntingdon Street, St Neots. The special care fundraiser is from 7.30pm until midnight on Saturday, March 10. Entry is £2 adults, £1 children.
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31