Get set for Carnival fun
ST IVES Carnival is back again this weekend. This is the seventh year, since it was revived in 1999 to raise funds for the Millennium celebrations in the town. The event will start on Saturday with a full itinerary of fun things to watch and do at Warner
ST IVES Carnival is back again this weekend. This is the seventh year, since it was revived in 1999 to raise funds for the Millennium celebrations in the town.
The event will start on Saturday with a full itinerary of fun things to watch and do at Warner's Park on Needingworth Road, St Ives.
The parade will start at 11.45am travelling through Ramsey Road through the town and through Cromwell Place to Needingworth Road and Warner's Park. Other attractions will include: fun fair, kick boxing, car boot, trade stands, charity stalls, face painting and food stalls.
Sunday will continue the carnival weekend with bands and groups performing until 9pm on Warner's Park.
This year's carnival queen is Katie Wilkerson with the princesses Natalie-Ann Coker and Sophie Dearnley.
- 1 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 2 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 4 Beagle puppies freed at MBR Acres after second day of action
- 5 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 6 Car rolled after striking lamppost in Cambourne
- 7 Fugitive found at A1(M) hotel six months after being sentenced to jail
- 8 First ever UK procedure for new atrial fibrillation technique at Royal Papworth
- 9 Ramsey teenager handed umpire position at 2022 Commonwealth Games
- 10 Duo barred from all shops in Cambridgeshire when in each other's company
12.00 - 13.00 The group Five Miles Clare will be performing.
13.00 - 13.30 Arrival of the parade in Warner's Park.
13.30 - 14.00 Prize giving to carnival queen and princesses.
14.05 - 14.20 St Ives Twirlers, the local majorettes group.
14.25 - 14.40 St Ives Belly Dancers.
14.45 - 15.00 Vikings re-enactment- Part one.
15.05 - 15.20 An owl display from Rapture Foundation
15.25 - 15.40 Vikings re-enactment - Part two.
15.45 - 16.00 Guitart School of Dance.
16.05 - 16.20 Recreation Centre.
16.25 - 16.40 Vikings re-enactment - Part three.