Get set for Carnival fun
ST IVES Carnival is back again this weekend. This is the seventh year, since it was revived in 1999 to raise funds for the Millennium celebrations in the town. The event will start on Saturday with a full itinerary of fun things to watch and do at Warner
ST IVES Carnival is back again this weekend. This is the seventh year, since it was revived in 1999 to raise funds for the Millennium celebrations in the town.
The event will start on Saturday with a full itinerary of fun things to watch and do at Warner's Park on Needingworth Road, St Ives.
The parade will start at 11.45am travelling through Ramsey Road through the town and through Cromwell Place to Needingworth Road and Warner's Park. Other attractions will include: fun fair, kick boxing, car boot, trade stands, charity stalls, face painting and food stalls.
Sunday will continue the carnival weekend with bands and groups performing until 9pm on Warner's Park.
You may also want to watch:
This year's carnival queen is Katie Wilkerson with the princesses Natalie-Ann Coker and Sophie Dearnley.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 4 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Is this striking 20ft palm tree the biggest in Huntingdonshire?
12.00 - 13.00 The group Five Miles Clare will be performing.
13.00 - 13.30 Arrival of the parade in Warner's Park.
13.30 - 14.00 Prize giving to carnival queen and princesses.
14.05 - 14.20 St Ives Twirlers, the local majorettes group.
14.25 - 14.40 St Ives Belly Dancers.
14.45 - 15.00 Vikings re-enactment- Part one.
15.05 - 15.20 An owl display from Rapture Foundation
15.25 - 15.40 Vikings re-enactment - Part two.
15.45 - 16.00 Guitart School of Dance.
16.05 - 16.20 Recreation Centre.
16.25 - 16.40 Vikings re-enactment - Part three.