Get out your DJs for the New Life Appeal
GET out your dinner jacket or buy a new frock as The Hunts Post is going to be throwing a New Life Appeal ball next year to help add further funds to our charity drive. The Burgess Hall in St Ives has been booked for Friday, March 6, the caterers have bee
GET out your dinner jacket or buy a new frock as The Hunts Post is going to be throwing a New Life Appeal ball next year to help add further funds to our charity drive.
The Burgess Hall in St Ives has been booked for Friday, March 6, the caterers have been given a sumptuous menu to prepare and the musicians have the date in their diary.
The evening will start with a Champagne reception followed by dinner, dancing and an auction with some incredible - and unique - prizes and experiences on offer.
Tickets, at £40 each, are already being snapped up for the event which will raise money for the special care baby unit and maternity department at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
Sponsorship packages for the night are also on offer and Stagecoach and M S Lynch Consultancy have already confirmed they will be supporting this very worthy cause.
However, there are plenty of other ways for companies and individuals to get involved, either through sponsorship or donating an auction prize.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 5 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 7 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 8 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 9 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 10 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
Andy Veale, editor of The Hunts Post, said: "We are planning to make this a really special night - and an event that will raise a lot of money for our New Life Appeal.
"Even at this early stage we are being given some great support by Huntingdonshire businesses and I believe that support will continue to grow as the community rallies around a cause which will help our hospital get new facilities and new equipment in maternity and SCBU."
Kirsty Mackenzie, The Hunts Post's marketing executive, is coordinating sponsorship packages for the ball and can be contacted on 01480 443417 for a sponsorship information pack.
Ms Mackenzie will also be able to pre-book tickets for the event, with discounts available for booking a table of 10.
Alternatively, if you have an auction idea, please contact Andy Veale, also on the above number.