Get on your bike
IF any of your readers with children would like get involved in ChildLine s Pedal Push, they should register today. It s so easy to be a part of the action - children collect sponsorship money from friends and family, then cycle around a course at their n
IF any of your readers with children would like get involved in ChildLine's Pedal Push, they should register today. It's so easy to be a part of the action - children collect sponsorship money from friends and family, then cycle around a course at their nursery or playgroup.
As a TV presenter, ex-footballer and a dad, I think it's great for kids to get outside and have fun taking part in sport. Last year thousands of children had a brilliant time raising funds for ChildLine, so register your group today and let's get those bikes, trikes and scooters out for ChildLine.
ChildLine is celebrating its 20th birthday in October and has given in-depth help to nearly two million children. This year ChildLine needs to raise £20million to help another 1,000 children every day. Every penny raised from the 2006 Pedal Push will mean even more children to reach the comfort, advice and protection ChildLine provides.
And, if you need any more incentive than that to get on your bike for ChildLine, hold a Pedal Push and return your donation by September 8 and your group will be entered into a prize draw to win a HP Pavilion PC, which also works as a TV and DVD player. Just call 0870 336 2955 for a pack which will give you everything you need to get your ChildLine Pedal Push off the mark.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 10 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20