Get advice, not money misery
IT is predicted that the cost of gas and electricity is expected to rise by 40 per cent by the end of the year. This comes on top of the hike in mortgage interest rates, the increase in petrol prices and the rising cost of food. While it s depressing news
IT is predicted that the cost of gas and electricity is expected to rise by 40 per cent by the end of the year. This comes on top of the hike in mortgage interest rates, the increase in petrol prices and the rising cost of food.
While it's depressing news for everyone, for people whose finances are already stretched to the limit these rises could mean the start of real financial difficulties.
If you think you are going find it hard to make ends meet, now is the time to take advice rather than wait for the bills to mount up.
If you are on a low income, it's important to make sure you're claiming all the welfare benefits and tax credits that you're entitled to, as well as making sure that your debts are managed properly and priority debts are met first.
You may also want to watch:
We at the Legal Services Commission provide a free confidential telephone helpline called Community Legal Advice - 0845 3454345 - which provides quality assured legal advice in welfare benefits and tax credits, debt, housing, employment and education. It is funded by legal aid and aimed at people on low incomes.
It is open from 9am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday, and advice is also available in any language.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
So, if you're on a low income and you're worried about your finances, call Community Legal Advice today.
Legal Services Commission