Generous people of Ramsey
I WRITE to express the thanks of Speakability Huntingdon to the generous people of Ramsey Methodist Church for their support over the past two years. The proceeds of carol singing and carol services in 2008 and 2009 have helped our group to maintain our m
I WRITE to express the thanks of Speakability Huntingdon to the generous people of Ramsey Methodist Church for their support over the past two years.
The proceeds of carol singing and carol services in 2008 and 2009 have helped our group to maintain our monthly meetings, whether at the Medway Centre or our quarterly lunches out.
Our members are people with lack of speech after stroke or head injury and their carers, and we meet to socialise, play games, enjoy quizzes or a talk, and to indulge in refreshments or a good meal at a different venue every quarter.
Most notably, we were able to celebrate our fifth birthday last October with a catered buffet tea at which we welcomed the mayors of Ramsey, Godmanchester and St Neots, and the deputy mayor of Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
The support of the people of Ramsey has also been marked in the past by a donation from the town council. Several of our members are from Ramsey, but we cover all of Huntingdonshire and parts of north Bedfordshire.
We welcome anyone who is interested to join us at meetings. Contact me on 01480 891977.
- 1 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 5 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
Mrs ANNA BRATBY
Secretary, Speakability Huntingdon