Generous people of Ramsey
I WRITE to express the thanks of Speakability Huntingdon to the generous people of Ramsey Methodist Church for their support over the past two years. The proceeds of carol singing and carol services in 2008 and 2009 have helped our group to maintain our m
I WRITE to express the thanks of Speakability Huntingdon to the generous people of Ramsey Methodist Church for their support over the past two years.
The proceeds of carol singing and carol services in 2008 and 2009 have helped our group to maintain our monthly meetings, whether at the Medway Centre or our quarterly lunches out.
Our members are people with lack of speech after stroke or head injury and their carers, and we meet to socialise, play games, enjoy quizzes or a talk, and to indulge in refreshments or a good meal at a different venue every quarter.
Most notably, we were able to celebrate our fifth birthday last October with a catered buffet tea at which we welcomed the mayors of Ramsey, Godmanchester and St Neots, and the deputy mayor of Huntingdon.
The support of the people of Ramsey has also been marked in the past by a donation from the town council. Several of our members are from Ramsey, but we cover all of Huntingdonshire and parts of north Bedfordshire.
We welcome anyone who is interested to join us at meetings. Contact me on 01480 891977.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 4 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 5 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 6 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 7 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Civil war event in Huntingdon this weekend
- 10 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
Mrs ANNA BRATBY
Secretary, Speakability Huntingdon