Generous people of Ramsey
I WRITE to express the thanks of Speakability Huntingdon to the generous people of Ramsey Methodist Church for their support over the past two years. The proceeds of carol singing and carol services in 2008 and 2009 have helped our group to maintain our m
I WRITE to express the thanks of Speakability Huntingdon to the generous people of Ramsey Methodist Church for their support over the past two years.
The proceeds of carol singing and carol services in 2008 and 2009 have helped our group to maintain our monthly meetings, whether at the Medway Centre or our quarterly lunches out.
Our members are people with lack of speech after stroke or head injury and their carers, and we meet to socialise, play games, enjoy quizzes or a talk, and to indulge in refreshments or a good meal at a different venue every quarter.
Most notably, we were able to celebrate our fifth birthday last October with a catered buffet tea at which we welcomed the mayors of Ramsey, Godmanchester and St Neots, and the deputy mayor of Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
The support of the people of Ramsey has also been marked in the past by a donation from the town council. Several of our members are from Ramsey, but we cover all of Huntingdonshire and parts of north Bedfordshire.
We welcome anyone who is interested to join us at meetings. Contact me on 01480 891977.
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 5 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 6 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Plea to hold a Macmillan Coffee Morning as sign-ups drop
- 9 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 10 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
Mrs ANNA BRATBY
Secretary, Speakability Huntingdon