Generation game for 100th birthday
FOUR generations of the same family were on hand to celebrate the 100th birthday of a Ramsey care home resident. Marjory Maddaford celebrated her birthday last Wednesday, January 3, at the Red House Care Home, Bury Road, Ramsey. She was born in Middleton,
FOUR generations of the same family were on hand to celebrate the 100th birthday of a Ramsey care home resident.
Marjory Maddaford celebrated her birthday last Wednesday, January 3, at the Red House Care Home, Bury Road, Ramsey.
She was born in Middleton, Northants, in 1907 and married her husband Bill in the early 1930s. The couple were married for over 60 years.
Marjory and Bill moved around the country for Bill's work, until the couple settled near Bathgate, Scotland, for many years where Bill was the manager of a shipwrecker's yard.
You may also want to watch:
Marjory has three children, 10 grandchildren and 14 great grandchildren, one of whom, six-year-old Kiera, was on hand to help blow out the candles on her cake.
On being presented with her card from The Queen, Marjory looked at the photograph of Her Majesty on the front and said: "She wears well, doesn't she? I wish I had hair like that."
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
Mayor of Ramsey Ian Walker was also on hand to wish Marjory a happy birthday. He said: "It is amazing to see that Marjory isn't at all overwhelmed to see so many people and looks so fantastic for 100 years of age."
Around 20 gathered friends and family sang happy birthday and gave Marjory three cheers, to which she smiled and said: "I've never heard so much noise in all my life.