Generation game for 100th birthday
FOUR generations of the same family were on hand to celebrate the 100th birthday of a Ramsey care home resident. Marjory Maddaford celebrated her birthday last Wednesday, January 3, at the Red House Care Home, Bury Road, Ramsey. She was born in Middleton,
FOUR generations of the same family were on hand to celebrate the 100th birthday of a Ramsey care home resident.
Marjory Maddaford celebrated her birthday last Wednesday, January 3, at the Red House Care Home, Bury Road, Ramsey.
She was born in Middleton, Northants, in 1907 and married her husband Bill in the early 1930s. The couple were married for over 60 years.
Marjory and Bill moved around the country for Bill's work, until the couple settled near Bathgate, Scotland, for many years where Bill was the manager of a shipwrecker's yard.
You may also want to watch:
Marjory has three children, 10 grandchildren and 14 great grandchildren, one of whom, six-year-old Kiera, was on hand to help blow out the candles on her cake.
On being presented with her card from The Queen, Marjory looked at the photograph of Her Majesty on the front and said: "She wears well, doesn't she? I wish I had hair like that."
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 6 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 9 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 10 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
Mayor of Ramsey Ian Walker was also on hand to wish Marjory a happy birthday. He said: "It is amazing to see that Marjory isn't at all overwhelmed to see so many people and looks so fantastic for 100 years of age."
Around 20 gathered friends and family sang happy birthday and gave Marjory three cheers, to which she smiled and said: "I've never heard so much noise in all my life.