GCSE results - Longsands College
PUPILS at Longsands College in St Neots were all smiles as they collected their GCSE results. Figures show 80 per cent of students at the college gained five or more A*-C grades, improving on last year s figure of 74 per cent. Marios David, head of Year 1
PUPILS at Longsands College in St Neots were all smiles as they collected their GCSE results.
Figures show 80 per cent of students at the college gained five or more A*-C grades, improving on last year's figure of 74 per cent.
Marios David, head of Year 11, said: "This year group was a very strong one and their fantastic results have contributed to one of our best years ever."
Five high-performing students had 10 or more grades at either A or A*, and on average pupils obtained a total of 10 GCSE passes.
You may also want to watch:
Student Nichola Johnson, who achieved 10 A* grades, said: "I had to revise hard for the exams but I'm really pleased with my results.
"I'm going to stay at Longsands to do my A-levels and then think about doing a law degree at university."
- 1 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 2 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 3 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 New plans on the horizon for Black Cat Radio
Principal Robert Whatmough said: "This has been an outstanding year for us, following on from last week's excellent A-level results.
"While attention traditionally focuses on students who achieve A*-C grades, we are equally proud of the way in which students of all abilities have obtained results that reflect great determination.