Gazebo will be a magnet for youth
REGARDING the plan to improve Riverside Park, in Huntingdon, the two most potentially disastrous suggestions that immediately appear are the plans for a gazebo and a hardened grass area . The gazebo in the town centre was demolished because it was a fo
REGARDING the plan to "improve" Riverside Park, in Huntingdon, the two most potentially disastrous suggestions that immediately appear are the plans for a gazebo and a "hardened grass area".
The gazebo in the town centre was demolished because it was a focal point for undesirables, and the problem is now to be exported to Riverside Park. The hardened youth activity area will be a place for youth to make a nuisance of itself before the area becomes a car park.
Students of the consultation document will note the sinister implications behind phrases about how little the park is used and the need for it to appeal to "a broader range of people".
Riverside Park is at present a beautiful amenity, much loved by the many Huntingdonians who regularly visit it. For God's sake leave it alone.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat
- 9 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 10 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer