Gardening the secret to a long life says St Neots 102-year-old
GARDENING and the great outdoors are the secret to a long life, according to an Eaton Socon woman who has turned 102. Phyllis Mellor, who lives at Hillings care home in Grenville Way, is now believed to be one of the county s oldest residents. The mother
GARDENING and the great outdoors are the secret to a long life, according to an Eaton Socon woman who has turned 102.
Phyllis Mellor, who lives at Hillings care home in Grenville Way, is now believed to be one of the county's oldest residents.
The mother of three was born on August 9, 1907, and spent the first 40 years of her life living in India.
She lived in England for the first time in 1947, staying in Middlesex and Kent.
You may also want to watch:
The great, great grandmother lived with her daughter Agnes Udall in Eaton Ford for two years, before moving to the Hillings two months ago.
In honour of her birthday a cake staff, friends and family gathered at the care home to present Mrs Mellor with a birthday cake.
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 5 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 6 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
"I will now be aiming for my 105th birthday so I can receive another birthday card from the Queen," she said.
Mrs Mellor has seven grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren and four great, great-grandchildren.