Gardening the secret to a long life says St Neots 102-year-old
GARDENING and the great outdoors are the secret to a long life, according to an Eaton Socon woman who has turned 102. Phyllis Mellor, who lives at Hillings care home in Grenville Way, is now believed to be one of the county s oldest residents. The mother
GARDENING and the great outdoors are the secret to a long life, according to an Eaton Socon woman who has turned 102.
Phyllis Mellor, who lives at Hillings care home in Grenville Way, is now believed to be one of the county's oldest residents.
The mother of three was born on August 9, 1907, and spent the first 40 years of her life living in India.
She lived in England for the first time in 1947, staying in Middlesex and Kent.
You may also want to watch:
The great, great grandmother lived with her daughter Agnes Udall in Eaton Ford for two years, before moving to the Hillings two months ago.
In honour of her birthday a cake staff, friends and family gathered at the care home to present Mrs Mellor with a birthday cake.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 6 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
"I will now be aiming for my 105th birthday so I can receive another birthday card from the Queen," she said.
Mrs Mellor has seven grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren and four great, great-grandchildren.