Garden party not secret in Woodwalton either
MR Tester (Letters, August 1) is not alone in complaining about the four nights of intolerable noise from the Secret Garden Party.
I live in Woodwalton, and the noise was totally unacceptable. We have friends in Sawtry who were also affected by the noise.
I have written to the executive leader of Huntingdonshire District Council asking about the arrangements the council put in place prior to this event to deal with any environmental issues arising, and until I receive there reply it would be wrong of me to comment further.
I will, however, comment on The Hunts Post article of July 25 (‘Mud, mud, glorious mud’) where the chairman of the parish council stated: “There were no sound complaints.” You have to remember that every resident in Abbots Ripton and Kings Ripton receive a free ticket to this event.
I was contacted by a director of the SGP after the event and offered a free ticket for next year as I had complained to the organisers. I did suggest that they spend more time evaluating the impact this type of event has on the locality rather than dish out free tickets willy-nilly.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 3 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 4 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 5 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 6 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 7 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 'Thank you so much!' - fundraising bid secures new wheelchair for Ellamae
- 10 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary