Gamlingay Battle Of The Bands, Nov 17
SATURDAY S contest sees 11 bands play at Gamlingay Community Centre, Stocks Lane from 3pm-11pm. They include: punk bands: Error 404, indie: Default Affection, Screwd, Target n Takedown and Pretty Tied Up; Screamo metal: Call This a Comeback; grunge meta
SATURDAY'S contest sees 11 bands play at Gamlingay Community Centre, Stocks Lane from 3pm-11pm.
They include: punk bands: Error 404, indie: Default Affection, Screwd, Target "n" Takedown and Pretty Tied Up; Screamo metal: Call This a Comeback; grunge metal: Noise; garage rock: Phoenix Impact; rock: The Ashes, FTA and Memories of Another Day; and funky hip hop: The Jaminjays.
Each band will play three pieces in 15 minutes either original or covers. The winners will record a CD in Phil Hunt's professional mobile studio, be given £150 to spend on musical equipment and be offered a pub gig.
All entrants are being offered seminars by Cambridge bands promoter Richard Brown. The contest is being organised by the volunteer group Forward Gamlingay and proceeds will go towards a skate park and the new Youth Café.
INFORMATION: Tickets, £4 on the door or from The Cutting Mill and Andy's Fruit and Veg in Gamlingay or The Drum and Guitar Centre, Cambridge, The Music Centre in Bedford or 01767 650 510 or email@example.com
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 3 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 8 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 9 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 10 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer