Gamlingay Battle Of The Bands, Nov 17
SATURDAY S contest sees 11 bands play at Gamlingay Community Centre, Stocks Lane from 3pm-11pm. They include: punk bands: Error 404, indie: Default Affection, Screwd, Target n Takedown and Pretty Tied Up; Screamo metal: Call This a Comeback; grunge meta
SATURDAY'S contest sees 11 bands play at Gamlingay Community Centre, Stocks Lane from 3pm-11pm.
They include: punk bands: Error 404, indie: Default Affection, Screwd, Target "n" Takedown and Pretty Tied Up; Screamo metal: Call This a Comeback; grunge metal: Noise; garage rock: Phoenix Impact; rock: The Ashes, FTA and Memories of Another Day; and funky hip hop: The Jaminjays.
Each band will play three pieces in 15 minutes either original or covers. The winners will record a CD in Phil Hunt's professional mobile studio, be given £150 to spend on musical equipment and be offered a pub gig.
All entrants are being offered seminars by Cambridge bands promoter Richard Brown. The contest is being organised by the volunteer group Forward Gamlingay and proceeds will go towards a skate park and the new Youth Café.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Tickets, £4 on the door or from The Cutting Mill and Andy's Fruit and Veg in Gamlingay or The Drum and Guitar Centre, Cambridge, The Music Centre in Bedford or 01767 650 510 or email@example.com
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens