Gamlingay Battle Of The Bands, Nov 17
SATURDAY S contest sees 11 bands play at Gamlingay Community Centre, Stocks Lane from 3pm-11pm. They include: punk bands: Error 404, indie: Default Affection, Screwd, Target n Takedown and Pretty Tied Up; Screamo metal: Call This a Comeback; grunge meta
SATURDAY'S contest sees 11 bands play at Gamlingay Community Centre, Stocks Lane from 3pm-11pm.
They include: punk bands: Error 404, indie: Default Affection, Screwd, Target "n" Takedown and Pretty Tied Up; Screamo metal: Call This a Comeback; grunge metal: Noise; garage rock: Phoenix Impact; rock: The Ashes, FTA and Memories of Another Day; and funky hip hop: The Jaminjays.
Each band will play three pieces in 15 minutes either original or covers. The winners will record a CD in Phil Hunt's professional mobile studio, be given £150 to spend on musical equipment and be offered a pub gig.
All entrants are being offered seminars by Cambridge bands promoter Richard Brown. The contest is being organised by the volunteer group Forward Gamlingay and proceeds will go towards a skate park and the new Youth Café.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Tickets, £4 on the door or from The Cutting Mill and Andy's Fruit and Veg in Gamlingay or The Drum and Guitar Centre, Cambridge, The Music Centre in Bedford or 01767 650 510 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 6 Bustling market town that had 64 pubs at one time
- 7 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed