Gallery: Thousands turn out for Cambourne Village Fete
WELLY wanging, medieval combat re-enactment displays and circus skills were just a few of the activities on offer at Cambourne s first village fete and 10th birthday celebrations. More than 1,000 people of all ages descended on the settlement on Saturday
WELLY wanging, medieval combat re-enactment displays and circus skills were just a few of the activities on offer at Cambourne's first village fete and 10th birthday celebrations.
More than 1,000 people of all ages descended on the settlement on Saturday for a free day of festivities.
The event took place in the High Street from noon-4pm, and included stalls, exhibitions, games, raffles, races and refreshments. There was also a Chinese lion dance, a tallest sunflower competition, a fancy dress competition and the final of Cambourne's Got Talent.
Catherine Dawkins, chair of Cambourne All-In which organised the event, said the day was a huge success with 1,500 programmes handed out.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "People have come to us with positive feedback saying there was something for everyone and it felt like a village fete, bringing the community together.
"This was the first village fete and it was enjoyed by everyone and next year promises to be even better."
- 1 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 5 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 6 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
The festivities were supported by South Cambridgeshire District Council, Cambourne Parish Council, Granta Housing Society, Morrisons, Taylor Wimpey, Bovis Homes, Circle Anglia, The Cambridge Housing Society Limited, Monkfield Arms, CBS and ABMEC.