Gallery: Great success for the Little Gransden Air Show
THE Little Gransden Air Show, which raises money for BBC Children in Need, has its most successful event in its 17-year history over the August bank holiday weekend. Organiser Dave Poile MBE, 58, told The Hunts Post: They say there is a recession but ou
THE Little Gransden Air Show, which raises money for BBC Children in Need, has its most successful event in its 17-year history over the August bank holiday weekend.
Organiser Dave Poile MBE, 58, told The Hunts Post: "They say there is a recession but our takings before costs were �46,000. We will be able to give �20,000 to charity, which is a record."
Some of the money will be also given to local children's charities.
Mr Poile, who works in the control room at Cambridgeshire police headquarters in Hinchingbrooke, said a bidder paid �1,200 in an auction for a taxi ride in a Lancaster when vouchers for the ride normally cost �200.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Poile said: "People were extremely generous."
INFORMATION: A DVD of The Little Gransden shows from 2008 and 2009 will be on sale next month (October) raising money for East Anglian Children's Hospices.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 5 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
It costs �10.99 and it is available from 01487 823602, www.countrywideproductions.com or www.simplypanes.co.uk or write to: Chris Cannon at Elsworth Lodge, Church Street, Woodhurst, Huntingdon PE28 3BN, making out a cheque to Countrywide Productions.