Gallery: Fire destroys Yim Wah Restaurant
FIRE gutted the Yim Wah Chinese restaurant at Caxton Gibbet in a blaze which lasted for most of the weekend. The roof and the first floor of the building were destroyed in the flames. The blaze was fought by more than 50 firefighters with crews at the sce
FIRE gutted the Yim Wah Chinese restaurant at Caxton Gibbet in a blaze which lasted for most of the weekend.
The roof and the first floor of the building were destroyed in the flames. The blaze was fought by more than 50 firefighters with crews at the scene from seven firestations: Huntingdon, St Neots, Papworth, Gamlingay, Cambridge, Sawtry and Royston.
The alarm was raised at 11.26am on Saturday morning, with firefighters working right through the night and on until 1pm on Sunday morning, the blaze taking over 24-hours to get under control.
No one was hurt in the fire, a spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said that either the building had been empty at the time of the blaze or anyone inside had managed to get out. The A1198 had to be closed while firefighters tackled the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into what started the blaze is due to start today, Monday.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 7 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 8 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
- 9 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls