Gallery: Fire destroys Yim Wah Restaurant
FIRE gutted the Yim Wah Chinese restaurant at Caxton Gibbet in a blaze which lasted for most of the weekend. The roof and the first floor of the building were destroyed in the flames. The blaze was fought by more than 50 firefighters with crews at the sce
FIRE gutted the Yim Wah Chinese restaurant at Caxton Gibbet in a blaze which lasted for most of the weekend.
The roof and the first floor of the building were destroyed in the flames. The blaze was fought by more than 50 firefighters with crews at the scene from seven firestations: Huntingdon, St Neots, Papworth, Gamlingay, Cambridge, Sawtry and Royston.
The alarm was raised at 11.26am on Saturday morning, with firefighters working right through the night and on until 1pm on Sunday morning, the blaze taking over 24-hours to get under control.
No one was hurt in the fire, a spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said that either the building had been empty at the time of the blaze or anyone inside had managed to get out. The A1198 had to be closed while firefighters tackled the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into what started the blaze is due to start today, Monday.
- 1 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 5 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?