Gallery: Eaton Socon's new �1.2 million Community Centre opened by HRH The Duchess of Gloucester
EATON Socon s new �1.2million Community Centre was officially opened by Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Gloucester on Tuesday (April 13). The Eatons Community Centre was opened at the top of Mill Hill in December to offer a space for community groups as
EATON Socon's new �1.2million Community Centre was officially opened by Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Gloucester on Tuesday (April 13).
The Eatons Community Centre was opened at the top of Mill Hill in December to offer a space for community groups as well as a home for a pre-school. It is currently being used by at least five community groups.
The Duchess was welcomed by The Mayor of St Neots, Councillor Gordon Thorpe, children from Bushmead and Crosshall Primary as well as members of the public and the Air Training Corps. She was presented with a posy by Lucy, aged 11 a pupil at Bushmead.
The Princess was entertained by young performers from Stageworks in Buckden including Kieran Curtin, nine a pupil at the Royal Ballet School.
You may also want to watch:
Principal of Stageworks, Yvette Curtin said: "It was a lovely day that the children will always remember. The Duchess spoke to them three times she said: 'I say, ou all look so beautiful.'
Opening the centre, The Duchess said: "I am delighted to open this centre that is much needed and that you have waited for a long while.
- 1 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 2 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 5 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Your photos capture stunning sunsets and frosty mornings
- 10 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding