Gallery: Bluntisham Baptist Church Extension opened by North West Cambridgeshire MP
AN extension to Bluntisham Baptist Church was opened by Shailesh Vara, the MP for North West Cambridgeshire on Saturday (February 6). The extension and refurbishment of the Victorian village hall cost �300,000 and took six months. Deacon Malcolm Lee told
AN extension to Bluntisham Baptist Church was opened by Shailesh Vara, the MP for North West Cambridgeshire on Saturday (February 6).
The extension and refurbishment of the Victorian village hall cost �300,000 and took six months.
Deacon Malcolm Lee told The Hunts Post: "We raised the money over three years with events including everything from bike rides and sale to concerts by Yaz (hit song: The Only Way is Up) and Covent Garden opera singer, Amanda Roocroft. "After several years of planning, fundraising and numerous donations from the congregation, the work began in July and was completed in early January."
The building now has a new kitchen, an office, toilets and disabled facilities, a store, and two new meeting rooms. The groups using the new facilities will include a toddler group, a drama group, a keep fit club, a money advice centre, the Brownies and a pensioners' luncheon club. There is also the expansion of the Beacon Caf�, now open on Wednesday afternoons, which the church is hoping to extend to Saturday mornings, selling hot drinks and homemade cakes.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: see www.bluntishambaptist.org
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots